PDA

View Full Version : Qed Trackers, does anyone use them ??

katie78
24-09-2011, 03:06 PM
If anyone can help that would be brill !

I have had 2 Eyfs lo's for 2 weeks now and am unsure on the paperwork i need to do, I know i have to do obs on them and slot them into the Eyfs and plan out activities but to actually do it im struggling !

My old boss in a nursery suggested Qed tracker books of which i have bought two, a trackers 0-5 and a trackers plus but i dont know where to start with them !

The obs that i have done so far have been a few small ones lasting a few mins and one long about 10 mins, i tried to start to do some planning, long term topics but got so overwhelmed with it all i put it away again, but i know i cant do that as i have to get to grips with it if im going to be a good cm !!

How do you all do your paperwork regards which topics to choose, activities, obs for the things they are doing !!

Any help will be lovely thanks

Katie :)

The Juggler
24-09-2011, 03:48 PM
TBH they are very expensive to use per child and I don't like them as they are more ticklists.

They are very useful to keep handy as a quick reference guide for evaluating observations rather than trawling through the EYFS pages.:thumbsup:

sarah707
24-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I have heard that Ofsted inspectors prefer the more personalised approach... however like The Juggler says they are apparently useful as overviews of what you might write and to give ideas and examples.

I think sometimes people try too hard to write essays when a few words are all that are often needed -

John did xx... this tells me that... for his next steps I will plan...

I planned xx... John responded by... for his next steps I will plan...

John's mum told me they visited xx at the weekend... John has been doing xx ever since... for his next steps I will plan...

Keep it simple and you'll not go far wrong :D

katie78
25-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks ladies its just the getting the ball rolling once i figure out what to do im sure i will be fine its just the initial umfff at the start thats hard !

Katie :D

shazsull
25-09-2011, 09:51 AM
im just starting out and my ofsted pre reg lady recommended them so i suppose it s horses for courses