Like toilet roll, washing up liquid, cleaning stuff,
Wet wipes etc

Can I still highlight these - do I put these
Down in cost for miscellaneous?? I used to
Put all these highlighted along with the food items
But now will just do set amount for food

Was I doing it wrong before? Ie in food expenses envelope
I'd have all food highlighted and other bits and bobs
All in the food expense cost (for tax figures)
Cos it's all on one receipt

Anyway I'm thinking if can just claim set
Amount for food for expenses then I'll be able
To just use my shopping receipts for showing
All the other bits and bobs and highlight them
And put them in miscellaneous expenses
Hope that makes sense
As the food won't be all

rosebud
20-09-2011, 08:44 AM
i put a set amount through, (£1 for babies / breakfast, £2.50 for lunch, £2.50 for tea) I've always done it this way, hmrc guidance says we don't need to provide receipts for food just "reasonable estimates" and this is the way i choose to do it. It can be cross referenced with my attendance register if it was really necessary to prove that children were actually here for those meals.

minder to be
20-09-2011, 08:59 AM
i put a set amount through, (£1 for babies / breakfast, £2.50 for lunch, £2.50 for tea) I've always done it this way, hmrc guidance says we don't need to provide receipts for food just "reasonable estimates" and this is the way i choose to do it. It can be cross referenced with my attendance register if it was really necessary to prove that children were actually here for those meals.

hi thanks, thats great. ill start doing the same

what do you do for other costs ie cleaning stuff, toilet rolls etc
obv I cant claim for all of those but was thinking that every other time i buy them id expense them - ive found that 4 little ones use way more toilet roll than me my partner and 2 children use so is it acceptable to claim a whole pack every other time I buy it????? same with other stuff also used for minding

do i just keep those receipts and do they go under miscellaneous?

Chatterbox Childcare
21-09-2011, 07:53 AM
If you are doing a "per head" price just keep a calculation of how you got to the price so that the HMRC can see that it is a "fair amount" and don't forget to review the expenses as food prices last year went up dramatically

If you look through the bookeeping section there are lots of ideas for claiming and different methods

rickysmiths
21-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Just remember you need to keep all food reciepts for at least 3 months for the Environmental Health people incase there is a Food Poisoning outbreak.

Greengrass74
21-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Just remember you need to keep all food reciepts for at least 3 months for the Environmental Health people incase there is a Food Poisoning outbreak.

That's good to know as I was not aware that we had to keep reciepts for this, thanks

sjane2
08-10-2011, 09:23 AM
If you look through the bookeeping section there are lots of ideas for claiming and different methods

where is the bookeeping section you mention can't seem to find it?