PDA

View Full Version : Got a couple of questions

mrsb
11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
again, sorry:blush:

First one is, is the mileage still 40ppm? It was that when I started so it blimmin should have gone up but I've not heard that it has....

and the other one is, if I do have to pay tax, can I put my tax bill through as an outgoing for this years accounts? Because I wouldn't be paying tax if I wasn't a childminder......I know that's kind of being over optimistic though I guess lol.

Jinx
11-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Sorry can't help with the tax question but yes the mileage rate is still 40p per mile. It's been the same amount for years and I think its about time it was increased too. :angry:

Jinx x

mrsb
11-05-2008, 07:23 PM
it is stupidly ridiculous isn't it, with tax, insurance etc (without the personal breakdown cover) hubby has worked out it should be 50ppm for us:eek: :angry: right who do we petition to get it changed then lol:laughing:

sarah707
11-05-2008, 07:25 PM
if I do have to pay tax, can I put my tax bill through as an outgoing for this years accounts? Because I wouldn't be paying tax if I wasn't a childminder.......

No, sorry! Good idea though!

If you have to pay tax it's because the tax office have decided you've earned enough to afford to pay it :laughing: