PDA

View Full Version : All about me document/sharing learning journal

Rubybaby
16-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Hello all! I was just wondering how often you all share Learning Journals with parents? I already do a daily diary which details the daily routine but also has notes on what we've been up to that day (this goes home with parents and comes back each day). I'm thinking of sharing LJ's perhaps once a month and getting parents feedback that way, but do you think this is acceptable or even necessary? Also ,bit concerned that an All About Me document (haven't compiled it yet and two weeks into minding!) will repeat info from the Child Record Form!Mum has also provided me with lots of info verbally , all of which will help me care for L.O.,but are Ofsted going to want to see this as a separate document? So sorry to ramble but getting paranoid!

sarah707
17-09-2011, 08:20 AM
A child record form is quite a formal document with addresses, names of doc and dentist etc... and 'all about me' form is totally focussed on the child and talks about their likes, dislikes, favourite toys etc. You can make the 2 very different.

Hth :D

karensmart4
17-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi, I share the Lj at the end of each term and parents make their comments on a sheet that I've made, Persnally I think this is often enough.

My All About Me book contains photo's, info on likes dislikes, fav food/toys etc The family including any pets.

We also do a 'This is me at three' book.

Rubybaby
17-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Thank you both for sharing your ideas...I guess there's no right or wrong way of doing this...! I'm now thinking of doing the All About Me as a questionnaire to be completed by the parents, but will add my own first impressions too (some of which could maybe contribute to the observation areas of the LJ?).Just a bit wary of overloading parents with MORE forms to fill in, but I will explain that they will eventually get to keep these records..I would treasure mine if I'd had them for my own two children!