PDA

View Full Version : What are you all planning to do for your planning, assessments and obs?

vix84
11-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Just wondered what you are all planning on doing? Id like to see if I am heading in the right direction, and also for others ideas.

I am starting 'All about Me' folders for each child. Within there I will put there art work, photo's of them and their families, and then all the bigger observations. I am also going to use the Trackers book to record the smaller observations and use this to see what areas of development to plan for next in the weekly/monthly planning and to check that the 6 learning areas are being covered weekly.

My tricky bit is then how to demonstrate that I know the activities etc. are covering the four themes, the principles, and the Commitments..........
So I was thinking of doing a monthly spider chart thing with the planned activities, and show what themes they meet, and what commitments they meet.

Does this make sense?
I know that I can show that I am meeting the Learning Goals through the observations, assesments and planning, its how I show that I am covering all the Themes and Commitments that is tricky