PDA

View Full Version : How much deposit?

hollyberry
15-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Got parents coming later re care 7.45am-5.00pm three days a week for a 4 yo and a 6mo. 4 yo goes to pre-school 8.30am-11.30am. I intend to charge for those hours as I'm unlikely to find another LO to fill that space.

They want the care to start from November which is when the mum goes back to work.

I feel I should definitely ask for a deposit, but how much should I ask for? The fees for both children each week will be £168 - never sure if parents will be able to stomach a deposit or not - for a month (based on 46 weeks a year), it works out to £644 a month - which would a huge amount.

OR

Do I say first month's fees now to hold the space then when 1 November comes, then that'll get used to pay the fees for Nov. Then it's 1 month in advance ever after that. Might that be more palatable?

If I were inundated with requests I'd go hardline believe me (!), but I DESPERATELY need to get my first mindees on board. Or I'm going to have to give up childminding altogether - what do you lovely ladies think???

xx

The Juggler
15-09-2011, 01:57 PM
i always take a months non-refundable deposit (if they don't start) but I do always take this off their first months fees.:) I think if work is hard to come by this is a good option.

rosebud
15-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes thats what I intend doing too. If they back out I keep the money but if they go ahead with the place they're not out of pocket.

hollyberry
15-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks both - I'll do it that way then.

Just got a second call as well - I really hope that one of them comes through!

Cheers all.

miffy
15-09-2011, 04:56 PM
i always take a months non-refundable deposit (if they don't start) but I do always take this off their first months fees.:) I think if work is hard to come by this is a good option.

I do this too.

Good luck with the meeting

Miffy xx