PDA

View Full Version : policy on washing clothes / washing children

chez
15-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Im starting to get the policies together for our new setting and wondering if anyone has a policy or thinks its a good idea for washing clothes this would be a last option for example if a child was sick or had soiled it clothing and a policy for giving children a wash either bath or shower if the need arised i.e. the child having soiled itself or a explosive nappy.

The Juggler
15-09-2011, 10:01 AM
i do wash clothes sometimes but I don't have a policy for it hon.

I have a bit in my safeguarding policy about privacy of children and they will only be bathed in a dire emergency etc. but not a policy specifically for that.

singingcactus
15-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't have a policy for cleaning kids up either. I just go ahead and do what's needed, if a child has been sick down themselves then I would clean them. If they have gotten it on their clothes I would bag them up. If I got the child hideously muddy (which I do from time to time) then I will wash the clothing in the machine without powder, but I don't have a policy. That really would be overkill on the whole policy thing :) .
I guess you could have a written procedure in place for how you would handle bodily fluid and the mess caused by them, but a policy is unnecessary.

mama2three
15-09-2011, 11:29 AM
its just on my permission slip that i am allowed to bathe the child should a need ( such as an explosive nappy) arises. Not got a washing clothes part as I dont intend to! parents are to provide spare clothes.

rickysmiths
15-09-2011, 12:19 PM
I have on my lists of permisions to be able to Bath a child if the need arose. But I certainly don't have a policy on it.

chez
15-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Think Ill do it on my premissions then
I was more worried that if the need arose and parents could cause a fuss that it was done