PDA

View Full Version : Is there a checlist for developmental areas?

vix84
10-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi, I did the EYFS training today, and have learnt a few points that I didnt realise etc. but also feel a bit more confused about others.

So Im looking at the CD rom, and have decided to do monthly planning, using observations to assess what the children already achieved, and then what I can plan for that month to further their development. So Im going through their age brackets, and trying to make notes of what they already do, and what I can further. But this is taking a while - is there a checklist you can download and print? I actually prefer the checlists to use as a tool, although I am aware that others aren't that keen on them.:)

sarah707
10-05-2008, 05:22 PM
I use the learning and development grids which are at the back of the eyfs...

They show you what Johnny might be achieving by the various developmental milestones set out in the eyfs and give ideas for the next steps in his learning.

Is this what you mean or are you looking for something different? :D

vix84
10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Do you mean in the 'Practice Guidance for the EYFS' booklet? There are pages highlighting the development matters, Look listen and note, effective practice, and planning and resourcing?

I am just looking at this and it will be helpfull - could just also do with something for each individual child, from birth to 5 where you tick off each development matter.

miffy
10-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Perhaps the trackers booklets would be what you're looking for or maybe Bromley have something you could use

miffy xx

vix84
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
ok thanks, i will look that up, thanks:)

vix84
10-05-2008, 06:04 PM
The tracker booklets look good, although at £5 a booklet, I wonder if you can download them? Has anyone got these/used these/recommend them?

sarah707
10-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I have converted all the development matters stuff into age / stage order in my e-book 'Eyfs - observations'.

This means you can use one set of pages for each child and print off more when you need them.

Eyfs states they must not be used as a ticklist though - so I suggest using them to show evidence of children's achievements as a celebration book and putting in photos, pictures the children have made, evidence of achievements and other observations to back up what you are saying.

I hope this helps :D

crazybones
10-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Sarah's books are fabulous. She makes my life so much easier. I would recommend them to anyone. :thumbsup:

hello kitty
11-05-2008, 08:25 AM
http://www.qed.uk.com/

These are good when used in conjunction with obs etc. :)

vix84
11-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I have looked at the sample pages of the trackers, and this is what Im looking for, I seem to be able to understand it more when it is set out in that way ifuswim, and I will also use the grids in the EYFS to look for ideas of what I can plan for next.

In the trackers, would you out a small observation in the evidence bit, and then do a few bigger observations with photo's etc. every couple of weeks?