PDA

View Full Version : Pre School communication help needed : )

kellyb
12-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi there

I want to create a form for the pre school staff to fill in to go in my file for my mindee that has started pre school this week, so that I have it in my file for when Ofsted do my next visit, they can see thst were all working from the same page and working together

What things do you think I need to put on this form (obv keeping it as brief as possibe as they will be very busy)

Do any of you have a form you use? Or how do you show written evidence of your communication with other settings?

Many thanks in advance

Kelly

Eddisonsmum
12-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I'd be interested in this form too. I need something for preschool who are not being very forthcoming with info!

rickysmiths
12-09-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm afraid in my experience you won't get a teacher to do this. You have to chat to them and get copies of their news letter and any Topic Sheet they send home for the parents. Then you can make notes about what you have found out and how you are applying it to what you are doing with lo.

It beats me how this peole get goods and outstandins when they clearly are not sharing info with other carers.

I hope I am proved wrong and you are more sucessful that I have ever been.

Ofsted didn't even mention it when I was inspected last week and it was claer that I have a child in Reception attending. Though to be fair I have none in nursery or pre-school at present.

ChocolateChip
21-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I made up some simple forms which say 'we have something to share today' with spaces for the child's name, date, practitioner's name and setting and a big gap for the ob or wow moment to be written. She also lets me know very briefly what crafts they are planning to do each term so that I don't do the same ones here.
I am so lucky that our nursery teacher works well with me, we each do a form for each child once a term and then swap so we are both sharing. She will also make time for me to have a chat about anything that needs discussing during her ppa time, so I try very hard not to take advantage. I basically do all the running as I appreciate the fact that she is willing to work together when so many others are not!

I'm not saying it's right but I think many of them see it as extra work, so I have just pitched it as I will do all the paperwork, would you mind filling out a couple of forms now and then and we will both tick a box with Ofsted! And yes, see if you can get copies of the newletters or topics and reciprocate with your own. What they do with it is up to them but you can show your intentions are there!