PDA

View Full Version : Cat litter trays.

jw19nr
10-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Hello. I have 3 cats, who currently have 4 cat litter trays around the house for them. What are the rules around them?

Has anybody else got cat litter trays and if so, what do you do to get round them? I would obviously keep them safe from children, but I ideally wanted my whole house registered, including the bedrooms, just mainly to keep my options open really. When registered, I would just put them in rooms that aren't being used etc, but I am worried it would get in the way of my inspection?

sarah707
10-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Keep them out of sight and reach of the children and risk assess to show you understand the dangers...

That should be enough for Ofsted :D

miffy
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Keep them out of sight and reach of the children and risk assess to show you understand the dangers...

I agree!

miffy xx

MissTinkerbell
13-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Mine's in the utility room and we have a stairgate across that. We did this because my ds liked to put the cat litter into the drinking bowl:eek:

When I had my pre-reg, she was fine with this. Food and water for the cats is also in there.

caza
13-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I never thought about litter trays.Our house rabbit has one although it is generally kept in her cage. Just when I think I have thought of everything something else gets mentioned that I've forgotton! :laughing:

Caroline

Rubybubbles
13-05-2008, 01:00 PM
I have cats but they don't have litter trays:D

as for the water and food thing as said, out of reach

crazybones
13-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I have cats but they don't have litter trays:D

as for the water and food thing as said, out of reach

I have litter trays but no cats :laughing:

bubbly
13-05-2008, 03:08 PM
I put my cat's litter tray in the garage during the day & she has no choice but to 'go' outdoors. I bring it back inside once the children have gone home.

During my inspection a couple of weeks ago, I was asked what I do with the tray when the kids are here. My inspector was very big on hygiene.

littlesprogs
13-05-2008, 03:26 PM
My cats just go out. They dont have litter trays anyway and havent done since they were about 6 months old.

mum22
13-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Haha - as per a previous thread i have bought some cat litter trays to use for messy play - hubby had a fit and thought i was going get some cats:laughing:

x helen

jw19nr
16-05-2008, 03:05 PM

But how do I do that if I want all my rooms registered? I dont have a utility room or garage. If its nice weather, I can put them outside but obviously cant bank on that and also wouldn't know what to say about when the . I think if I took them away, my cats would go on the floor!! (I have a very fussy persian cat).

Am I going to have to have an unregistered room?