PDA

View Full Version : what would i put this under and how would i link into eyfs

debbie
10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
just started with a 22 month old this week. i only have him 2 days a week for about 4 hours a day. on thurs when he came i observed him with the toy cars. he looked in the box from the side whilest sitting down, he then got the cars out 1 by 1 and lined them up in straight lines. mixed colours but all lined up by box. he then clapped when he put the last one down. mentioned to mum and she thinks theres a special word for it. linking to eyfs i know i can link in with the physical side but what else my brain is not working. too much paperwork too much going on with family. can someone help please.

sarah707
11-09-2011, 07:20 AM
When children (usually boys I have noted over the years) line things up it's called a trajectory schema.

A trajectory is a straight line in any direction - so he might enjoy other straight line games like dribbling water, kicking a ball, going up and down the garden pushing a wheelbarrow etc.

A schema is a repeated pattern of play - so you might see him do it with small world animals or people, Lego bricks etc.

Hth :D

LittleVoice
19-09-2011, 08:26 PM
There is a fabulous book called Like Bees not Butterflies that gives lots of information about schemas, what to expect and ideas to enhance and extend it.