PDA

View Full Version : Files, files and more files .... oh and long post :)

time_4_change
10-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi

I don't know any childminders in my area so wondered if you lovely people could help ....

I have just about organised all my paperwork as follows:

I have a file containing policies, procedures, leaflets, copies of posters I have used, copies of certificates. I have done this using the 5 every child matters headings. Ive also done a contents page listing every thing I have.

From this file I am going to produce welcome packs for parents, it will be a smaller version of my file contaning all policies, contracts and any other useful info, I was thinking of putting this in a A4 ring binder so they can add to it (they could keep invoices, letters etc if they wished) ??

I was thinking of producing a checklist of policies etc, when I have talked through them with the parents they sign the sheet, original copy to me and copy for their file. When I update policies I will give them a copy and produce a new sheet for them to sign.

I have got a a4 ring binder for compliments and complaints

I have got a ring binder for SEF - Im not minding just yet but thought I could make a start on this by including the things I would like to purchase for my setting and why?

I have another binder for risk assessments only

Then another 2 containing the stat guidance and practice guidance to refer to

I was thinking of having a file each for the children i mind containing all their info or use the NCMA box file.

I have seen a really nice black card scrap/presentation book for my learning journey ... all though expensive ...what do you use?

I am confused about daily diaries ... do we need 2 copies, one for us and parent?

I think that is it for now, I am very sorry to waffle on, I have done all this work then thought ... have i done it right? :laughing:

I ahd my pre reg last month but inspector said they will go through my policies etc at grading inspction.

Thanks in advance

Leanne x

sarah707
10-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Children's learning journeys here are one file each with loose leaves inserted.

Only 1 daily diary for the parents to take home and bring back each day you don't need a copy yourself.

The rest sounds good to me! :D

time_4_change
10-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks for your reply Sarah.

Ok I will take a look at the LJ

I am glad it all sounds ok :)

I am planning on taking a look through your e-books at some point, I have heard they are good

x