PDA

View Full Version : EYFS Training day

kaz1501
10-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

Today I am going on my first EYFS training day! I have been using EYFS since I started minding in march, along with B to 3 for Ofsted, so will see if I am on the right track or not :panic:

Hopefully it will be an interesting, if not rewarding, day seeing as I am there from 9.30-4.30 & losing my saturday AND the sunshine :angry:

Have a great day everyone. I will update you later

Karen
x x x

crazybones
10-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Good Luck. Hope its at good course. :D

sarah707
10-05-2008, 07:03 AM
I hope it's useful... let us know what they say! :D

miffy
10-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Hope you had a good day

Let us know if it was worthwhile

miffy xx

kaz1501
11-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi,

Well, after a shaky start, (the venue was locked & no-one came to open up! Thankfully one of the NCMA development workers was able to get us into her village hall) the course was interesting & reassuring.

It seems that I was over planning! I can scrap my weekly plans :clapping: as everything should lead off from the child's interests that day. I will continue to use a basic monthly plan though.

A lot of what was said has already been put onto this forum so I won't repeat it.

I learnt how to code the EYFS too:

Basically you label the subsections with the initials eg Dispositions & attitudes = DA. The ages of development 1-6 (birth-11 months = 1, 8-20 months = 2 etc) then each learning aspect in their section a,b,c etc

Eg: PSED DA 1a

Hope that's clear :idea:

Another good idea I got from the course was to make an info leaflet aimed at the child. We give lots of info to the parents but what about the child? Just a simple leaflet with pics of the setting, the minder, their pets & family etc to help the child to see where they will be going.

Have a nice day & enjoy the sunshine :D

Karen
x x x

Mollymop
11-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Sounds like a good course and you learnt alot more than i did on my course. But then my course was 2 sessions of only 2 hours.:rolleyes: