PDA

View Full Version : What hope have we got?

brightstar
09-09-2011, 09:38 AM
OMG, I emailed my development worker this week, asking for clarification on the new rules for 4 year olds in full time school. She emailed me back this morning: apparently she is totally unaware of any changes and is sure NCMA would have informed her if there were, BUT she will look into it for me :eek: There is no hope for minders in my area if NCMA aren't even keeping their staff informed, hope the fees I paid weren't just so that they can afford to buy tea and biscuits :panic:

manjay
09-09-2011, 10:01 AM
The money you pay doesn't pay for the Development worker;)

I find it very hard to believe that NCMA staff don't know there have been any changes! or do you just mean the 4 year old bit? The staff have regular bulletins from Cardiff and as far as I am aware they have been told that there are some queries with the new standards that need to be resolved. It may be just a case that she hasn't thought about the implications of the missing clause in the new standards!

Not that I am excusing any of this. I am attending a staff meeting with the whole of NCMA Cymru staff in a couple of weeks so any questions you would like asking please let me know:thumbsup:

amanda x

rickysmiths
09-09-2011, 10:19 AM
What new rules for four year olds going into school?

Do you mean that Ofsted now put a general rising five on your Certificate if you need it? Rather than having to go back for each individual child?

If you need this then all you need to do is to phone Ofsted and ask for it to be put on your Certificate it will then stay there it shouldn't be a problem.

If you have a 4yr old who is settled into school and isn't yet attending morning and afternoon 5 days a week then you would need to apply for a variation if it takes you over 3 under fives. Again I have never had a problem with this and have just got such a variation in the last week.

Parent didn't realise until last Wed that he son wouldn't be at school all day from day one, they had booked care from 3pm to 6pm :panic: ! Lucky us cms can get organised and lucky for her I was able to get a short variation for 4 under fives to cover the 7 weeks to half term.

It is about time that Ofsted recognised that once children start in reception that they must count in out over 5 numbers. It is stupid that they don't if they are only attending mornings, when if they had gone to a different school they would have gone in full time from day one. The whole thing causes so much hassle and misunderstanding for everyone.

sarah707
09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
What new rules for four year olds going into school?

Don't worry Ricky - this is a Welsh thread!! :D

rickysmiths
09-09-2011, 10:50 AM
I've just seen that Sarah!

tulip0803
09-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Cheekymonkeys Although we have the same DO I have more contact with the cerediion one as I am a member of a ceredigion group and she hadn't realised either. I went through the NMS and pointed it and a few other bits out to her and she was going to check it out haven't seen her since though.