PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to fast tomorrow!

Spangles
09-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Ha ha ha ha!

Well .... I'm going to try!

I'm going to try to just drink lots of water and eat fruit! If I can manage it, I might try for Sunday too but it's not looking promising!

I got my summer clothes down from the top of the wardrobe today and tried them on - I don't fit into hardly any of it now! What a shocker!

carolinel
09-05-2008, 10:56 PM
do what I did Lorri - just go out and buy some more!!

Matalan is great!

ma7ie
09-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Good luck. Won't join you though. We're having a curry tomorrow night:D

Spangles
09-05-2008, 10:59 PM
I love Matalan too! Most of my clothes come from Matalan or Tesco!

Can't do that though as I did that last year! :)

miffy
10-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Good luck Lorri

miffy xx

emler
10-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Good luck today - let us know how you get on!

Emler x

crazybones
10-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Good Luck Lorri. I did the same with my summer clothes - Its so depressing. I have bought slimfast and I am going to try that for a week to kickstart myself.

emler
10-05-2008, 06:54 AM
I was thinking about doing Slimfast too Annie (saw the ad on tv last week). Let us know how you get on too

Emler x

manjay
10-05-2008, 07:11 AM
I misread your title!! I thought you were going too fast tomorrow! haha.

I understand how you feel. It is really depressing when you get your summer stuff out and it doesn't fit. Let us know how you get on

amanda xx

hello kitty
10-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Good luck with your fasting - don't think I could manage that!!

Started WW on 6th May and have lost 7 lbs so far - yay. :clapping:

miffy
10-05-2008, 08:30 PM
How did you get on Lorri?

miffy xx

Mollymop
10-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I hope you managed it ok? I don't think I could ever fast, i find it hard to stick to a standard diet! Hope you managed it well X

Spangles
10-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Nope I didn't manage it at all! Ha ha!

I'm just not in the right frame of mind at all! Thought I was but I'm obviously not!

Goodness knows why because I can't fit in my clothes anymore but I can't diet - it's very, very weird and frustrating!

Mollymop
10-05-2008, 08:59 PM
haha, sorry, not to laugh at you personally, but I can imagine I wouldn't be able to manage it at all either.
I know the feeling though, i still fit in last years summer clothes but I need to be a size smaller to fit in the year before's, iyswim! haha
I have been trying for over a year...

Spangles
10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm just stupid! I desperately need and want to lose weight but I can't actually do anything about it! How stupid is that? Makes no sense to me and drives my hubby potty!

I used to fast for a day every couple of months but I can't do it now for some reason!

I think I'm just completely addicted to junk food.

Mollymop
10-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Me too!

I tell you what i tried once and it did work, if only for a little while, and may be controversial. I used to only have a tiny brekky, like a tiny amount of cornflakes and not eat anything till teatime. I would go to eat soemthing and think "nah, i'll wait for my tea" Then I would really enjoy my tea. It worked out that I only ate about 800 cals a day and I did manage to lose half a stone in 2 weeks, but I gave up and I dunno why. Why am I soooo weak???

Spangles
10-05-2008, 10:23 PM
You're not weak Sandra!

I couldn't stick to that eating regime either, I'd be so hungry! I know one summer it was soooo hot I went off food completely so all I could eat was cornflakes, one for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner and I lost LOADS of weight and wasn't at all hungry. Can't see that happening again!

I just need to be strong and learn to change my eating habits and exercise a bit. I just don't seem to be able to do it.

Mollymop
10-05-2008, 10:30 PM
My try your cornflake routine, after all I may drop a dress size!

crazybones
11-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Lorri you sound exactly like me. I start each day with "right today is the day". Then its like I almost rebel against it and just eat anything in sight. Before I had Will I lost 6 stone in 18 months so I know I can do it but its like a mental block at the moment. I know I am going to be crying in a couple of months before I go to Spain. I need to lose at least 1 1/2 stone to be comfortable in all the gorgeous clothes I had last year. I cant afford a new set of summer clothes and it :censored: me off. :( Not to mention this 5k run thing I have to do.

Spangles
11-05-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one, wish I knew what we could do about it though.

x

angeldelight
11-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Chop off a leg - you will be lighter then haha

xxx

miffy
11-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Chop off a leg - you will be lighter then haha

xxx

Hmmmmm - hop-fully that should solve all your problems :laughing:

miffy xx

Spangles
11-05-2008, 12:50 PM
That's actually a very brilliant idea.

Not only would I be lighter due to the amputation of a very important limb but I would then find it necessary to hop everywhere and therefore lose a considerable amount of calories through forced exercise.

It's pure genius!

Now, where's my saw?

crazybones
11-05-2008, 02:32 PM
I am ashamed to say I have just bought 2 pairs of cheap shorts and 3 vest tops in a bigger size. :blush: :angry:

Rubybubbles
13-05-2008, 01:14 PM
girls you are not alone, I cannot fit into my shorts this year , gutted isn't the word, even though I knew I wouldn't:blush:

I have started regular excerise each evening (well during the day too, when baby was away got it out of the way:laughing: ) and started doing sw again, got an old book I'm using, I forgot how much food you can eat on it:o I weighed myself this moring to start (n ot sur ehwy I didn't last week to embrassed I guess) I'm huger than huge booohooo

so I'll kick you lot up the bum, if you kick me:D

crazybones
13-05-2008, 01:42 PM
I dont know how much more exercise I can do. I have run around after two 2 year olds all day and am about to do my 3rd school run with the double pram. I even ate lunch standing up - well drank a slimfast. I am not even sitting down typing this, am stood at the kitchen work top while they are sitting on the step with a banana. Actually I could balance the laptop on the treadmill tonight :laughing: KICK MY BUM PLEASE:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
20-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I dont know how much more exercise I can do. I have run around after two 2 year olds all day and am about to do my 3rd school run with the double pram. I even ate lunch standing up - well drank a slimfast. I am not even sitting down typing this, am stood at the kitchen work top while they are sitting on the step with a banana. Actually I could balance the laptop on the treadmill tonight :laughing: KICK MY BUM PLEASE:thumbsup:

kick haha:p