PDA

View Full Version : cous cous???

mushpea
08-09-2011, 08:39 AM
I have made lemon and corriander couscous,, what would be nice to mix in with it,, thought you folks might have some nice ideas

jayjay1963
08-09-2011, 09:00 AM
What about chicken or peppers? if it's for adults or older LO's pieces of lamb, maybe mixed veg?

WibbleWobble
08-09-2011, 09:18 AM
i make stickychicken - chicken bakedin honey, lemon and garlicand i put that on top with the juices.

also slow roast some veg....onion, garlic, peppers and mix them in

i make plain couscous and add the veg, some lemon juice, fresh corianderand feta cheese.....oh my word i am salivating now

mandy xxx

Toothfairy
08-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I put mixed roasted veg, olive oil, pine nuts and feta cheese in mine, (I don't like lemon or corriander).

The Juggler
08-09-2011, 12:01 PM
roasted veggies/peppers
chicken
roasted cherry toms

yummy you made me hungry now :laughing: :laughing:

Emily'bubbles
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Never ever thought about using couscous but something i may well try after all these recipes! :laughing:

loocyloo
08-09-2011, 12:23 PM
i make a sort of chicken biriyani type thing, but using cous cous! its yummy and quick to do. i sometimes roast some chicken thighs in the oven and take the meat off and use that instead.

Spicy chicken couscous serves 4
· 250g couscous
· 3 tbsp olive oil
· 1 large chopped onion
· 2 large sliced skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
· 85g blanched almonds ( I use about 30g flaked almonds )
· 1 tbsp hot curry paste ( I use pataks balti paste )
· 100g halved ready-to-eat apricots ( I slice them into little bits, raison sized)
· ( 20g pack 1 oz fresh coriander )
Prepare couscous with chicken stock, according to the packet instructions. Heat olive oil in a pan and cook the onion for 2-3 mins until softened.
Toss in chicken breast fillets and stir fry for 5-6 mins until tender. Add the blanched almonds and, when golden, stir in the hot curry paste and cook for 1 min more.
Add the couscous along with the apricots and the coriander. Toss until hot then serve with plain yogurt if you like.

Made with pork, adding sultanas, peas & corn too! Yummy!

other nice foods to serve with cous cous is baked/steamed salmon and veggies or salad, or i make little lamb burgers ... mmmm i'm hungry now!

i found this recipe for making plain cous cous ... for every 3oz dry cous cous, pour over 4 fl oz boiling water/stock. cover the bowl and leave for 5/10 mins. stir with a fork & eat.