PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, more questions!

jw19nr
09-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Hello. Sorry, I can't stop asking questions!

Firstly, how/when do you register as self emplyed? Don't have a clue about it and they didnt even mention it at my ICP. Does it cost anything?

Also, my area don't do a start up grant. Is there anything I can claim instead? Maybe something from the jobcenter or anything!

Is second hand equipment Ok?

Who do I phone to chase up my ICP results?

Sorry for all the questions!

littlestar
09-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Firstly, how/when do you register as self emplyed? Don't have a clue about it and they didnt even mention it at my ICP. Does it cost anything?you have up to 3 months to register self employed when you get your first child in

Also, my area don't do a start up grant. Is there anything I can claim instead? Maybe something from the jobcenter or anything! have no idea on this one sorry

Is second hand equipment Ok?yes its fine as long as it is in good condition and in full working order

Who do I phone to chase up my ICP results?the college if thats who you did it with but mind it does take about 6 weeks

Sorry for all the questions!its fine thats what we are here for

sarah707
09-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Well... littlestar has done a fine job there!!

I am not aware of any other grants except the start-up grant... you could contact your local CIS for more information, they will be the ones who know.

Loads of my stuff is 2nd hand - I just check for sharp edges etc...

Don't worry about asking - we all started somewhere - just wish this place had been here 14 years ago! :D

angeldelight
09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Just wanted to say good luck and dont worry about asking lots of questions thats what we are all here for - to answer them !

Angel xx

katickles
09-05-2008, 10:10 PM
I agree with Angel - this lot have given me sooooo much help, so feel free to ask away :)

miffy
10-05-2008, 06:17 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck

miffy xx

allinatiz
11-05-2008, 09:45 PM
It doesn't cost anything to register, you should ring 0845 915 4515 (hope that's the right number!) which is the newly self employed helpline.