PDA

View Full Version : welcome pack advice!

alisonc
06-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to pick your brains about welcome packs for parents. I don't want to go over the top and bombard them with too much info. Any ideas on the best way to do it and what to include?
Thanks
Ali x

Beetlejuice
06-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Mine is just a bound copy of my policies - I get them to sign a form to say they've received them so they can't say they didn't get x or y policy! I give them that along with copies of contracts/child record forms/permission forms and a copy of my 'house rules' in a file so all the paperwork is together.

I do a watered-down version called my Information Pack when they come to visit for the first time which gives the lowdown on what I do, my fees etc and a copy of my Ofsted report with a business card and leaflet about the setting.

HTH

B x

Andrea08
06-09-2011, 10:40 AM
i give a list of my P&P, a list of my Certificates and training, letter on how to help child settle into setting and my card with my web site so more info and FAQ on there...

sick of printing P&P off to be lost , left in car or put in the bin so im thinking of sending by e-mail if parent wants it with the news letter,

i realy would not go over board but a copy of your fee structure and brief info on your routine eg toddlers = monday etc xx

marleymoo
11-09-2011, 08:54 AM
my welcome pack has a gift for the child, a CC welcome pack showing diff services available to them, toothbrush, toothpaste, face cloth, home safety pack, fire safety leaflet with contact details for local officer to come and RA their own home, my LSCB "what to do if you're worried..." guidance (very short parent friendly version) etc all in a drawstring bag which becomes their day bag for my setting