PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

tsaclark
02-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi, Anyone have any ideas on advertising? I have been registered as a childminder since July and yet have no clients. I have had interest but how do newly registered childminders get started?

sarah707
02-09-2011, 06:50 PM
It can be really hard to get started. I encourage new childminders to make friends with established ones - go to groups, meet people etc.

Hopefully they will recommend you if they can't help families.

There are lots of advertising ideas on this thread too -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

Good luck :D

fatima
02-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Hi, Anyone have any ideas on advertising? I have been registered as a childminder since July and yet have no clients. I have had interest but how do newly registered childminders get started?

Hi
I did posters for my local shops including the Chip shop and local take away, did door to door leaflet drop and got some magnetic signs for the car and parked it on a friends drive which luckily faces the main road also on facebook we have a local community news all have worked for me. Hope this helps

mushpea
03-09-2011, 08:15 PM
i've gotten work from another childminder,, from advertising in a shop window,, signs on the car doors and from childcare.co.uk and netmums. oh and word of mouth which was a good feeling

Blue Boy
03-09-2011, 08:30 PM

As others have said there are lots of ways of advertising. Where do you live as Playmate will be doing a workshop at the East Regional forum in Luton on the 1st October and then the 8th at the South East forum in Aylesbury. The subject is "Succesful Marketing & How to sell yourself"