PDA

View Full Version : Providing holiday cover

Polly2
09-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi all

I have just been asked to provide possible holiday cover for another cm. I have met parent and she wants to come see my house etc which is fine.

My question is...should I do her a complete parent pack containing all policies etc just like I do for my own mindees or should I do scaled down version?

Also what do I do about contracts?

Mny thanks in advance x

mrsb
09-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I do the same.

Yes I gave a complete parent pack, contact forms, policies etc and got all the usual signatures and permissions for a full time mindee. I have also done a full contract with them too but for the hours I have put "as and when needed for holiday cover"
:)

Polly2
09-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Right thats sensible I suppose - got to be prepared for anything - ok thanks

SimplyLucy
09-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I have some short term contracts that you can get from the NCMA, they cover for up to 28 days...........

son77
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Personally I wouldn't give them everything.

I'd do a temp contract (can make your own), sign all permission slips & emerg form & show them all your policies but only give her the main ones, ie sickness, complaints, behaviour, payments etc & get them to sign that they've seen them all.

But thats just me!

Polly2
09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Short term contracts sound good idea.

I am also wary of treading on the other cms toes iyswim - I don't wanna go overboard and look like I am trying to pinch her mindee from her!

Would like to keep her as a friend Ha!

sarah707
09-05-2008, 01:12 PM
I hope the interview goes well Holly... :D