PDA

View Full Version : Appealing start up funding

cade29
01-09-2011, 08:29 PM
hi im pre reg and have just sent off the forms to appeal the start up funding for my area.
im not classed as being in the ward our local authority has decided can get the grants.
however although i live in a small village that has 3 childminders they are all full and turn parents away. 1 has already said that she is taking no more on as plans to stop childminding next year. our local sure start centre was closed last year so there is a need for more childminders.
just wondered has anyone else appealed the funding and getting it?
thanks jo

khlwomitchell
01-09-2011, 08:51 PM
my area has zero minders and a real need but i got nout, the budget cut last april really crippled councils. There is no money for anyone over here. if it is 'means' tested i'd defo fight for it!

cade29
01-09-2011, 08:56 PM
My local CM coordinater seemed to think my area should be getting it. so fingers cross. All i can do is try, if I dont then I will never know.
jo

miffy
01-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Good luck - hope you manage to get something.

Miffy xx

time_4_change
01-09-2011, 09:25 PM
The council for my area don't do start up grants anymore due to cuts. Ive joined a local enterprise trust to help set up my business and yet to hear whether they have funds available. Ive had to get help from my family for the time being. You do right for appealing, I would! esp with no CM's in your area.

Its hard isn't it, people really don't understand what is involved when becoming a childminder ... my grandad actually asked why I was giving up a job to do it :eek: ... i just told him its not like back in his day when you could just leave your children with neighbours lol. I'm not giving up a job, I am having a career change :D

Good luck!

Beetlejuice
01-09-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm very much of the school of thought that 'if you don't ask then you don't get'! So it's worth a shot. My LA said they wouldn't fund my NVQ as I already had the DHC - I argued career progression with them. I said I felt the DHC wasn't as good a qualification because it's purely for childminding and the NVQ would open more doors for me. I said I was angry I'd been pushed into the DHC. I got 80% funding for my NVQ :D and I'm starting the Foundation Degree with the OU this year (though I've not been funded for that as I'm not yet accredited).

Good luck! If you don't get it then at least you tried

Mamma4Ya
02-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Go for it, they may have a change of heart and grant you the fund :)

Lea-mumof2 :)
02-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Just wanted to wish u luck & keep us posted wuth how it goes :)

Unfortunatly for me there are loads of CM's in my area due to the huge amount of schools & children so no funding here :( x

cade29
02-09-2011, 08:39 PM
thank you have the advise. i will keep you all posted, forms say i will find out within four weeks.
Im hoping I will get my cypop5 results soon.

thanks jo xx

cade29
19-10-2011, 08:01 PM
hi all just a update.

I passed cypop5 a few weeks back and have getting a call today to say I have been given a start up grant which pays for NCMA registration.

ofsted doing pre-reg visit tomorrow morning.

so hoping it wont be to long before i can start, just need to get some mindees lined up.

jo xx:clapping:

time_4_change
19-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi

Very happy it worked out for you and goodluck for tomorrow :) x