PDA

View Full Version : I know Ofsted will visit

BuggsieMoo
01-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Im awaiting a visit from Ofsted when the school go back and it will be for an unfounded claim - let me explain.

There is someone who has had it in for me for a while and has made a few false allegations against me to various bodies (some people clearly have far too much time on their hands and no lifes of their own). However, the relevant people they were speaking too finally got clever to what they were doing and I have notes on my files.

However, my concern is when the kids go back, I am going to look like I am over my numbers when I do school runs - even though I am not and I know full well that this person will report I am over numbers instead of approaching me,

I am allowed 4 children between the ages of birth and 8 (2 x birth to 5 years and 2 x 5-8 years or all this age IYSWIM). Plus over 8's up to 12 children in total as per my insurance. I have 6 mindees.

On some days I will have a total of 10 children with me. 4 of my own and 6 mindees aged as follows:

Aged 9 - my own (not in numbers)
Aged 8 - my own (not in numbers)
Aged 6 - my own
Aged 4 - my own
Aged 4 - Mindee (Birth - 5 years)
Ages 18 months - Mindee (Birth - 5 years)
Aged 5 (nearly 6) - Mindee 5-8 years)
Aged 8 - Mindee (not in numbers)
Aged 9 - Mindee (not in numbers)
Aged 6 (nearly 7) - Mindee (5-8 years)

As the above shows, I am well within my numbers - but I am fully booked.

My concern is how do I, if at all prepare myself for this concern that will be raised. Such as can I prewarn Ofsted that I expect it to happen.

I have no issue with them turning up or it prompting an inspection, even though I am not due one - could just do without the hassle to be fair.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Lisa x

loocyloo
01-09-2011, 08:11 PM
i would phone ofsted and say you are expecting a complaint and you think it is likely to be for being over your numbers. document to ofsted what you have written in your post, and then they are aware!

good luck xxx

BuggsieMoo
01-09-2011, 08:14 PM
i would phone ofsted and say you are expecting a complaint and you think it is likely to be for being over your numbers. document to ofsted what you have written in your post, and then they are aware!

good luck xxx

Thank you.

Im up to date on RA's as I have this many now due to 2 new starters this month. I'll email Ofsted then if they do turn up then it wont be a surprise. Ill make sure I have all paperwork ready (just some filing this weekend) then I can show that and hopefully they will be satisfied. I even double checked with insurance to see what I was covered for. x

sarah707
01-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Make sure you have a clear timetable showing exactly who is with you and when... and that your attendance register is spot on.

Good luck with it all :D

JumpingJacks
01-09-2011, 08:32 PM
When they came to me re the same, they didn't inspect me. They just asked to see ratio planners, copies of diaries. She said it would just go to inspection if I was found to be doing something wrong(which I wasn't) then they would add it to my current inspection report. She was really pleased to see ratio planners so if you use those just have them ready for her. I would email as others have said.

BuggsieMoo
02-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Make sure you have a clear timetable showing exactly who is with you and when... and that your attendance register is spot on.

Good luck with it all :D

Thanks. I have a ratio planner that clearly shows that I still have a space during the day on a Monday and Tuesday ( I am not giving this up for anyone, I need me time!) and where everyone else is. I also have registers and also log in the daily diaries I do what timings the kids are doing. I know I'm doing nothing wrong, its just a shame that others feel the need to cause trouble. This one being involved in the business as well. I am also expecting it cos a parent chose me over her! x

BuggsieMoo
02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
When they came to me re the same, they didn't inspect me. They just asked to see ratio planners, copies of diaries. She said it would just go to inspection if I was found to be doing something wrong(which I wasn't) then they would add it to my current inspection report. She was really pleased to see ratio planners so if you use those just have them ready for her. I would email as others have said.

I use ratio planners, daily diaries and my attendance register so it all tallies. I hope in a way she does turn up as I want another inspection to see if I can get an Outstanding - but I cant ask for one. :mad:

miffy
02-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I use ratio planners, daily diaries and my attendance register so it all tallies. I hope in a way she does turn up as I want another inspection to see if I can get an Outstanding - but I cant ask for one. :mad:

It's very unlikely that they will do a full inspection - they will just be investigating the complaint.

Miffy xx

marleymoo
02-09-2011, 07:42 PM
i would do as others have said. make it clear on any given day what children you have and their dates of birth. make a chart. by all means, send it to ofsted with an explanation as to your reasons for doing so if it will put your mind at rest, or have it ready for when they contact you. jealousy really is a horrible thing isn't it? i expect other CMs are aggrieved that you're doing so well. congratulate yourself Lisa,it's sour grapes. they will end up with egg on their faces.
and lisa, be very careful what you wish for....