PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please

jessie1
08-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I have been working in Customer Service or are still as am on Maternity Leave and hoping for successful registration for Childminding. At the same time since 2006 I registered through the Open University for a Degree in Computing and Mathematical Science. As both of these subjects have always been my passion. But since having a baby which was long after my course, I am not sure if this is what I really want to do. I'll be 29 years old and always wanted a degree as I never completed my Computing Degree after school due to finances and I really love it. I feel like a failure but want to do something that I can involve my baby in and any future brother or sister.

Can anyone just give me some advice as I am busy with my final TMA and CMA but because of not concentrating on it and not studying the chapters I am struggling very hard and am being very frustrated and feel like a failure. I just wanna quit right now but I hate quitting and has persevered so far when little one was only few weeks old do submit assignments. What other options are there and has anyone else been in similar situation.

sarah707
09-05-2008, 06:40 AM
I am sorry, I am not 100% sure what you are asking, but...

If you need to finance a degree and have a career which allows you to be home for your child/ren, then childminding part-time is an excellent option.
:D

angeldelight
09-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Hello

Im a bit confused ? I think Sarah has it right ???

Good luck

Angel xx

jessie1
09-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi

Sorry for confusion that was typed after a long night of studying. My advice that I wanted was really do I quit my studies now at the end of my course or do i perservere through it but problem I have is I havent sat with my coursework for a while and therefore have no idea how to do my assignment and basically just wanna quit.

My second part was what better options are there for work or studies when little one is a little older. I am just so confused as I just want a good job where I will be happy, you never know I might end up doing childminding for the rest of my life.

miffy
09-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Could you talk over your options with your college rather than just quit - you may be able to put things on hold for a while - might be a shame to waste all your hard work so far

miffy xx

Tatia
09-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Contact your tutor or ring OU and ask if they have an advisor you could speak with. They may be able to help you get yourself sorted. And you can always apply for an extension.

I'm working full-time and doing two OU courses at moment so I know how tough it is!