PDA

View Full Version : NCMA membership

Cazz
08-05-2008, 09:41 PM
I have been reading some of these posts on here (but too many to go through all of them!). It seems that a lot of you favour MM for insurance as it is cheaper, can you still be a member of NCMA if you have insurance with MM?

Also, when people have mentioned NCMA packs do they mean the file/case with the books and fire blanket? I have been looking in their catalogue and I quite like the look of that but it says it is for NCMA members only so can you become a member before you have a registration number from Ofsted?

I did try and ring NCMA to ask this but it was just after 5pm and they had all gone home! Hopefully someone on here will tell me and save me the cost of the phone call!

Thanks - Carole x

deeb66
09-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Hi Carole.

A lot of people have been switching to MM recently.

Yes you can be a member of NCMA without having their Public Liabilty Insurance.

Usually you do have to be rgistered by Ofsted first and have a registration number before you can apply to NCMA but I am a little unsure if that is because of the insurance iyswim.

If you are not interested in the insurance then ring them and check but I suspect they will tell you you need to have your registration number first.........would be interesting to have a definate answer on this....so let us know.

sarah707
09-05-2008, 06:44 AM
There is no reason why you cannot be a member of Ncma and still have MM as your insurers... though you don't need Ncma's fire blanket - you can get one on Ebay or in the shops much less ££.

The info pack is useful for new minders, but again not essential and MM do an excellent version too.

Hope this helps. :D

Cazz
09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for your help! :)

Carole x