PDA

View Full Version : Really confused...

CJstar
28-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm really confused about Task 5...

I've done loads of writing and things but i'm unsure who they refer to as carers?
I've understood it to be other childminders etc.. But now i'm thinking it may be parents??

I'm probably just over thinking it all...

Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you!

X

CJstar
28-08-2011, 03:44 PM
I've just read the last section to the leaflet is how to store and administer medicines...

It does say... "the last section of your information leaflet should explain to other carers how to store and aminister medicines"

Therefore i'm lead to believe it is aimed at other childcare workers??

I'm so confused!!

Help!! LOL I'm doing my own head in!

sarah707
28-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Carers meaning parents usually comes as ... parents and carers.

We are childcarers.

What is the sentence / context of the question? :D

CJstar
28-08-2011, 03:53 PM
I've just read the last section to the leaflet is how to store and administer medicines...

It does say... "the last section of your information leaflet should explain to other carers how to store and aminister medicines"

Therefore i'm lead to believe it is aimed at other childcare workers??

I'm so confused!!

Help!! LOL I'm doing my own head in!

I really don't know... I'm well and truly confused! LOL

It also mentions carers at the first instance, "you are asked to produce a leflet for carers which has five sections" then says, think about who the leaflet is intended for... Well i'm trying and i'm getting myself all in a flap lol!

It also says.. "every setting is different so while it may be good practice to share ideas with your peers, what you actually decide to put in your leaflet maybe different"

Im really struggling..

sarah707
28-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Produce a leaflet for parents.

Sharing with your 'peers' gives it away. It's telling you that everyone's leaflet might be slightly different because we are self employed and work in different ways.

The latest medication guidance from Ofsted is here -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-giving-medication-children-registered-childcare

Hth :D

The Juggler
28-08-2011, 06:38 PM
agree with Sarah hon. Carers is usually given to mean those who have parental or guardian responsibility for the children but who may not be their parents i.e. grandparents, foster parents, other family members who are currently legally responsible for the child if parent is absent/deceased/sick.

CJstar
29-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Thank you soo much!!

So do you think its like "at my setting i..... "

So it's like an information leaflet about my particular setting??

Thank youuu!!!!!

I left task 5 for a bit and started task 6 last night.. And I typed it up this morning... Was so much easier and quicker that task 5 lol... Suppose i'm going to have to face it again... LOL

Thanks again xx

cade29
29-08-2011, 07:51 PM
hi

iv done this one and i did it for any setting that cares for children.
hope you get on ok with it.
iv finished all mine passed all but one section of task 7. so re done that one and going to resubmit it tomorrow.

good luck

jo x

Coco
07-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Thank you soo much!!

So do you think its like "at my setting i..... "

So it's like an information leaflet about my particular setting??

Thank youuu!!!!!

I left task 5 for a bit and started task 6 last night.. And I typed it up this morning... Was so much easier and quicker that task 5 lol... Suppose i'm going to have to face it again... LOL

Thanks again xx

Did you really manage to get Task 6 done in a night. I'm only half way through and its already taken 3 days! Where do I keep going wrong??!! X