PDA

View Full Version : Help health declaration :'(

Lea-mumof2 :)
26-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi Guys
I got to see a copy of my health declaration from the doc yest and I'm now so worried im going to get refused firstly I am on sertraline for depression but my doc said that this wont be a problem as my ability to look after children has never been questioned so thats ok but it states at bottom that I overdosed in 2001 it says I didnt wait for treatment and there were no further peoblems .... Now this was a rather embarrasing episode in my teens where got dumped by then boyfriend so in a state took 10 paracetamol ( this is not a overdose but stupid) in a panic I went a&e where they said it wouldnt do anything hence why I didnt wait for treatment I had forgotten all about it but now am so worried this will damage my chances ?! :( any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Leanne

jane5
26-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Dont worry, they will understand that things you did in your teens, 10 years ago do not define the person you are today. My friend had a few things on her records and she got a phone call from Ofsted to discuss it. They basically said they were happy that this happened in the past but if she went back on antidepressant's they would want to be informed but that would not stop her minding.

If they think there is more of a problem they will send you to be assessed by their doctor just to show you are fit to mind children.

Dont worry :thumbsup:

26-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Dont worry, they will understand that things you did in your teens, 10 years ago do not define the person you are today. My friend had a few things on her records and she got a phone call from Ofsted to discuss it. They basically said they were happy that this happened in the past but if she went back on antidepressant's they would want to be informed but that would not stop her minding.

If they think there is more of a problem they will send you to be assessed by their doctor just to show you are fit to mind children.

Dont worry :thumbsup:

Thank you I hope your right I'm sure you are as Its not what I'd class as a major thing but I had totally forgot about it :blush:

Hopefully they will be in contact soon :)

caz3007
26-08-2011, 10:04 AM
When I did mine, I got it back to send it myself to Ofsted and I was worried as had depression whilst in an abusive marriage. I wrote a covering letter to Ofsted about the points I was worried about and it was all fine

26-08-2011, 10:44 AM
When I did mine, I got it back to send it myself to Ofsted and I was worried as had depression whilst in an abusive marriage. I wrote a covering letter to Ofsted about the points I was worried about and it was all fine

I didn't think to do that do you think I should ring or wait for them to contact me ? Xxx

Carrie1983
26-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I have a much sketchier mental health history than that, and it's within the last 6 years. OfSTED and many other places, tend to consider the last 5 years as recent and may need more info on anything occurring within that time; anything outside of the 5 years should pass without question to be honest. My dr didn't even mention my previous illness in my report - not beyond what I had written anyway.

Katiekoo
26-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I had some similar issues from my teens, I was very honest on my form, and it was never mentioned once. You'll be fine I'm sure :)