PDA

View Full Version : how to relax when soooo busy!

lucylou30
25-08-2011, 10:40 AM
yey! Passed my cypop 5 :)

Have had a couple of children for past 6 weeks and that is going well. From 5th sep I have more contracts starting and have realised that with one family being shift workers, and needing care on sat/sun every couple of weeks, some weeks I will be working 7 days a week/50-60hrs!!!

Am starting to think I am mad!!!!!!!!

Can anyone say they are in a similar situation and if so how do you find time to make sure you are available to your own family and find time to relax? I don't want to cancel any contracts just yet :idea:

Thanks

Lucylou

tulip0803
25-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi
I am in a similar situation through lack of having children I took on a baby on Sat & Sun. If I am lucky I get a friday off every 2 - 3 weeks now as I also have a shift worker too. I am trying not to take too many at the weekend but my family knows this is how it is unfortunately (my children are older now). DH works shifts too.

Mum knows that LO has to fit in with what I am doing at the week end and I have told her that I will have to take saturdays off for compulsory training if needed and I will need more thean the standard 4 weeks as if I go on on week hols that takes 2 weekends IYSWIM. Working 7 days is hard I have had months where I have had 1 day off so am trying not to do that but in my area you cannot be too picky with work. I have had a parent contact me for Mon/Fri/Sat so my friday day off could be out the window BUT the original weekend one is moving so I will get sunday off instead:)

It doesn't suit everyone and it is very hard so try it but if it does not work out you will have to be honest.

sarah707
25-08-2011, 05:16 PM
My evenings are when I really relax and switch off from the day.

I take one day a week off as well to get up to date with all the paperwork - I'd go potty without that! I have no idea how people who work every day cope with it all :panic:

I think you need to prioritise - if you are struggling then cut yourself some slack :D