PDA

View Full Version : Dukan Diet results- before & after pics

louised
25-08-2011, 10:18 AM
I started the Dukan Diet back in May after having very slow results with WW. I've lost 3 stone 3lbs since I started and dropped 3 dress sizes, I'm so pleased with the new me and I have vowed never to be overweight again. The Dukan diet is a lifelong commitment as for one day a week for the rest of your life you must eat only protein, I can live with that though if it means I stay a healthy weight:)

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5521&stc=1&d=1314267468

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5522&stc=1&d=1314267486

sue m
25-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Wow, you look fantastic! Well done. :clapping: My step daughter is on it and has lost a stone and a half.

I thought of having a go with it but I'm 59 and on lots of tablets and have an uner active thyroid - oh and eat bad things all the time, biscuits etc. I don't seem to be able to stick to a 'diet'. Or healthy eating for that matter. :blush:

maryp0ppins
25-08-2011, 10:26 AM
wow what great results......so tell me what is your normal daily food intake??

heidicat
25-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Blimey! That is seriously impressive, well done:clapping: :clapping:

Never heard of this diet but I need to get on it now.. is it easy/what do you do? Going to give it a quick google now but if you have any info can you forward to me please?

x

Lea-mumof2 :)
25-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Blimey! That is seriously impressive, well done:clapping: :clapping:

Never heard of this diet but I need to get on it now.. is it easy/what do you do? Going to give it a quick google now but if you have any info can you forward to me please?

x

Well done the results are amazing u look fab !!!! Can I ask what does this diet basically entail is it expensive to follow & healthy to follow ? Also have u excercised ? Xxxxxxx u should be very proud xxxxxx:clapping:

loocyloo
25-08-2011, 10:40 AM
wow!

well done you.

i've looked at it a few times, but it looks too time consuming to me! i'm going to stick to eating less (well, attempt to!) more healthy stuff/less rubbish and more exercise!

louised
25-08-2011, 10:47 AM
If anybody is serious about trying the diet my most important tip would be to buy the book and read it first as you really need to understand it if it's going to work for you. It's basically a 4 stage diet and if the stages are followed correctly it does work.
The 4 stages are:
Attack- 2-10 days (depending on how much weight you want to lose)of protein only
Cruise- length depends on how long it takes you to get to your desired weight. alternating days of protein only and protein and vegetables
Consolidation - 5 days for every pound lost. protein and vegetables everyday plus 1 portion of bread, cheese and fruit everyday. 1 starchy meal a week and one celebration meal a week (starter, main, dessert and a glass of wine) The starchy meal and celebration meal increases to 2 per week when you are half way through conso.
Stabilisation- eat normally for 6 days a week but stick to protein only for 1 day

louised
25-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Can I ask what does this diet basically entail is it expensive to follow & healthy to follow ? Also have u excercised ?

The diet is basically a low carb diet a bit like Atkins but without the high number of fats. It wasn't expensive, my food bill remained roughly the same as I replaced the junk I was buying and eating with healthy proteins. I had already started running when I started the diet so I carried on with that

Lea-mumof2 :)
25-08-2011, 10:56 AM
The diet is basically a low carb diet a bit like Atkins but without the high number of fats. It wasn't expensive, my food bill remained roughly the same as I replaced the junk I was buying and eating with healthy proteins. I had already started running when I started the diet so I carried on with that

Thank u think I will be buying the book :) Ive tried everything WW slimming pills and cutting down have about a stone to lose so not loads but its a stubborn stone !!! Xxx

sarah707
25-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Wow you look fab! I am pleased you found something that works for you :clapping:

funemnx
25-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow! Well done to you! You look amazing! :thumbsup:

karensmart4
25-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Wow, brilliant :thumbsup:

sillysausage
25-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Fantastic!! you've done really well:clapping: :clapping:

jane5
25-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Well done you, you look fab:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I am just off to google it now;)

Susana0600
25-08-2011, 06:17 PM
woooww congratulation, you look fab, well done :clapping: :clapping:

The Juggler
25-08-2011, 09:35 PM
wow you look amazing and well done! :clapping: :clapping:

jelly15
25-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow, you look fabulous :clapping:

onceinabluemoon
29-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Congratulations! That's fabulous!

you have inspired me, I bought the book whilst I was on holiday this weekend and intend to start the diet on Wednesday. Hopefully that will give me time to read the book, lol!

Thank you for sharing x

shazsull
29-08-2011, 07:11 PM
DO you get the bad breath like on atki0ns??(not being rude)have u felt well thru it all???

shazsull
29-08-2011, 07:12 PM
DO you get the bad breath like on atki0ns??(not being rude)have u felt well thru it all???

ps u look amazing well done xxx:clapping: :clapping:

louised
29-08-2011, 09:25 PM

I personally didn't get bad breath but have heard some people have but you can chew sugar free gum to get rid of it. I have felt really well throughout the diet, I was expecting to feel unwell at first due to carb withdrawal, sometimes you can get flu like symptoms but I didn't get any, I have felt full of energy right from the start and feel fantastic now due to the weightloss:)

shazsull
30-08-2011, 07:52 AM
I HAve ordered book of amazon 3.90 gonna have a look have a wedding in dec so may have a go nothing lost for 4 quid!!!:D

onceinabluemoon
30-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Did you pay for the coaching? I've just looked into it and its quite expensive but then if it works...

louised
30-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Did you pay for the coaching? I've just looked into it and its quite expensive but then if it works..

no, didn't pay any money, don't know anyone who has subscribed, just followed the book and joined a weightloss forum for advice, tips and support. The official Dukan site is helpful for finding out your true weight and how long you need to do each stage for though and it doesn't cost anything

keeks
30-08-2011, 10:36 AM
You look fantastic, you must be really proud of yourself. Well done!!! :clapping:

My auntie is very interested in this diet, now she will be well up for doing it.

It really sounds great and it clearly works.

xx

The Juggler
30-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I personally didn't get bad breath but have heard some people have but you can chew sugar free gum to get rid of it. I have felt really well throughout the diet, I was expecting to feel unwell at first due to carb withdrawal, sometimes you can get flu like symptoms but I didn't get any, I have felt full of energy right from the start and feel fantastic now due to the weightloss:)

the Atkins did this to you but I did a very similar 'no carbs' eating plan like the Dukan and you eat so many fruit and veggies that you get your carbs that way so less withdrawal - well nutritionally anyway not sure about the cravings for a sarnie sometimes :laughing: :laughing:

newbie1512
30-08-2011, 05:53 PM
You look fantastic and you must feel it too.

I have just looked online and I would love to do it but it does seem a little expencive, I was hoping all the info was there and I could just follow it. Think I will stick to SW

WELL DONE :clapping: :clapping:

Carol M
30-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Well done, fantastic result :clapping:
Carol xx

miffy
30-08-2011, 08:27 PM
You look great - well done! :clapping:

Miffy xx

mayberry
31-08-2011, 04:17 AM
your looking great well done