PDA

View Full Version : Any Essex based CM's???

Lea-mumof2 :)
25-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi Guys
Was just wondering if there are any other Essex based CM's on here ? Reason for asking is ofsted/local councils seem to have a different procedure in alot of areas , I am at pre-reg stage have sent all checks off and am booked on an EYFS course that is council funded the 17th sept also have my first aid and cypop in sept I'm really not sure when to expect a visit as some have them before all paperwork is in and checks cleared others have them after ?? .
Also am very confused about reasonable fee's as I mysrlf have paid £5.20per hour in the past yet on the childminding site all those local to me vary from £3.00-£7.00 :-0

Any advice would be great its all very bamboozling at the mo !! :blush:

gegele
25-08-2011, 10:46 AM
essex is big and there are a LOT of difference between part of town, let alone county!. here in braintree it goes from £3.50 to £5.

but when i lived in woodford bridge 4yrs ago they were already charging £4.50 £5 minimum so i supposed it depense on what you offer, where you are.

i didn't put my price up this year as i earned enough to survive and parents were all struggling. it's my contribution to the crisis not that any one said thank you :(

for the check up call i cannot possibly help you as the NCMA made me dance and twirl for 9months...for nothing... and it changes every year....

hope someone may help
:thumbsup:

Lea-mumof2 :)
25-08-2011, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=gegele;973686]essex is big

Lol sorry yes should have said where I am :blush: I'm in Stifford Clays which is 2 mins from Chafford Hundred and Lakeside :)
It seems £4.00 is a basic rate for most its does depend on service I guess I intend to offer early starts for london comuters and emergancy care and babysitting I think my best bet is to vary my rates for these xxxx

Natternic
28-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm in Essex too, rochford, just waiting now for ofsted to come round this thursday! Try ringing ofsted they will tell you if they have passed your details to prospect who come round. I thought tho you had to have done first aid before you even apply, so they will prob wait till you finish that in sept(guessing) hth good luck