PDA

View Full Version : parents obs form

beccas
20-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi i am wanting to add a form to my eyfs learning journals so when i give it to parents they can write on a obs sheet telling me what there child does at home.. for example pretend playing..... if parents see this at home before me they can write it down and i can link it in rather than them telling me and i writing it down iyswim, just thought be nicer for parents to do it and better for ofsted...;)

sarah707
20-08-2011, 04:29 PM
That's a nice idea... though I think if it was me I'd ask them verbally and fill it in for them.

Maybe a nice speech bubble with 'my parents say I am fab at home too!' or something similar :D

marleymoo
30-08-2011, 11:31 AM
my LJs go home monthly. i put in a sheet which is headed "what i like to do when i am at...." it has their child's name or photo at centre with 4 boxes around it saying what they like to do at 1. home 2. with grandparents 3. at nursery and 4. is left blank for anywhere else they spend their time eg with dad at weekend or at an aunt's house etc. it comes back with the LJ after the weekend it's been away and it informs my planning. at the front of the LJ is a sheet that parents sign to say they've had it that weekend and there is space to make any additional comments which may either go towards my planning, become my next steps or just go in my compliments book (depending upon what they've said naturally)