PDA

View Full Version : Ratio question

claire2211
20-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Ratio question

Can someone clarify if this is correct or not?

Registered on your registration certificate for 3 minded children

Have 3 children of your own all under 8 but over 5. So can you only mind when all 3 of your own children are out at school or is this why CSSIW has only registered you for 3?

Thanks

aly
20-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Ratio question

Can someone clarify if this is correct or not?

Registered on your registration certificate for 3 minded children

Have 3 children of your own all under 8 but over 5. So can you only mind when all 3 of your own children are out at school or is this why CSSIW has only registered you for 3?

Thanks
iS THIS WHAT IT SAYS ON YOUR CERTIFICATE? {oops caps}

mine says 3 under 8, 2 under 5
my daughter is 4 and my sons are 6 and 9
that means i can only have 2 under 5 as my daughter takes up and under 5 space so this allows we 2 under and 1 over 5

khlwomitchell
20-08-2011, 02:17 PM
i had a moment like this. was reading certificate and it says 3 kids but only one in early year, under 5. I was like oh crap so i'm not even allowed my own kids let alone the boy i have had for months.

Called ofsted and felt like a prat as that does not apply to your own kids atall. it's those circumstances above and beyond.
is that what you meant? i see you are with the CSSIW but it must have parallels?

boxtree7
20-08-2011, 02:43 PM
I had to ask the same question ... I think sometimes it in your head ohhh if I go over my number ..

fatima
20-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Im with CSSIW on my certifiate i have 4 does not included my own 2 who are 5 and 7. I spoke to my inspector yesterday as i need clarification on ratio this is what she said
I can have 4 which does not include my own children i can have after school which would be in the 5 - 8 year old catergory and they can be with me allday including my own in the school holidays but no more than 3 under 5 yrs old and no more than two under 18 months, and when mine turns 8 which will be in January to ring them up to get a new certificate which will change to 5 so he want come into the ratio. Which is great for me that I can take a 5 plus my youngest plus my over 8. Hope this helps.

claire2211
20-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I have been minding for almost 3 years so feel a bit stupid asking this question. I was trying to keep the whole thing simple as I could because the situation is very confusing. I have a daughter who is 4 but starting school september. I am also a foster parent (no placement at moment). I also have another daughter who is 9. On my registration cert it was 4 minded children but when I became a foster parent this went down to 3. But I was counting the foster child in the 3 minded. But I was thinking that as they took me down from 4 to 3 that one of them was because I was fostering.

So basically your own children (or foster children) count in your ratio's as in your under 5's (should they be under 5) but not in the 'number' printed on your certificate?!?!?

Sorry, said it was more confusing this way round? But have I finally understood it?:blush:

khlwomitchell
20-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I have been minding for almost 3 years so feel a bit stupid asking this question. I was trying to keep the whole thing simple as I could because the situation is very confusing. I have a daughter who is 4 but starting school september. I am also a foster parent (no placement at moment). I also have another daughter who is 9. On my registration cert it was 4 minded children but when I became a foster parent this went down to 3. But I was counting the foster child in the 3 minded. But I was thinking that as they took me down from 4 to 3 that one of them was because I was fostering.

So basically your own children (or foster children) count in your ratio's as in your under 5's (should they be under 5) but not in the 'number' printed on your certificate?!?!?

Sorry, said it was more confusing this way round? But have I finally understood it?:blush:

have you had a new registration certificate? my mum once had her numbers reduced with no reason when she got a new certificate. (from 4 to 3)
Your 4 yr old is now not counted as in f/t education, or have you chosen p/t for her? But have a quick read through your statutory paper work it says there something about under 5s in f/t care.

tulip0803
21-08-2011, 09:27 PM
have you had a new registration certificate? my mum once had her numbers reduced with no reason when she got a new certificate. (from 4 to 3)
Your 4 yr old is now not counted as in f/t education, or have you chosen p/t for her? But have a quick read through your statutory paper work it says there something about under 5s in f/t care.

There are inconsistencies in Wales at the moment as the new NMS came in in April and it has omitted anything about rising 5s. This means that children are either over or under 5 whether they are in full-time school or not at the moment! So her child cannot move to the next age bracket until she is 5 or they revise the NMS.