PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for your visit booklet help needed plz!

missnaughty
20-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi All

I have prospects coming out Monday morning and I am stuck on a few questions so I wondering if I could have some help or advice, The questions I am stuck on are:
1) how will you manage children's behaviour? How will this be agrees with parents? Is a written policy needed.

2) How will you meet the requirments to complete and maintain a risk assessment for your setting? how would this differ if you were going on an outing? what should be covered in the risk assessment? should the risk assessment be recorded, if so how do you intend on doing this?

3) How will you observe and make records of childrens development? how will you use these records for the benefit of the children? What will you share with parents.

4) What documents will you need to have in place? why are they important? have you prepared any of these?

5) if you are applying to be registered on both the early years and childcare register, Have you considered if there are any differences between the two registers? If so how might this apply to your services?

6)What sources of evidence might you have to record childrens progress and be able to show parents what their child has achieved during their time with you. My answer would be daily diary and obs!

7) how will you know that children are progressing in their learning and development and how will you use this knowledge to plan for their future developmet.

Any help will be fab I think I know the answers but my brain has died on me today :eek:

X

missnaughty
20-08-2011, 05:02 PM
I am still stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!:panic: :panic: :panic: :eek:
Please can someone help. X

jadavi
20-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Just filled mine in...no idea if it's OK but it was more or less...

1) how will you manage children's behaviour? How will this be agrees with parents? Is a written policy needed.

yes written policy needed, Set stages of discipline/consequences . Understood and agreed by parents before hand. children also to be advised of policy - child friendly posters/house rules to be reg discussed. books tv progs. to reinforce. Quiet time away from others with me to discuss biting, bullying, aggressive or disruptive behaviour. react to the behav. not the child. be quick to use positive reinforcement.

2) How will you meet the requirments to complete and maintain a risk assessment for your setting? how would this differ if you were going on an outing? what should be covered in the risk assessment? should the risk assessment be recorded, if so how do you intend on doing this?

Folder of RAs openly available to see by parents.
detailed ra of each setting (Hazard/ danger to child/ what is in place/ what needs to be done/ when by whom/review date.)
RAs to be reg reviewed.
espec if new child joining setting or next phase reached by child
All outings to be RAd each time

3) How will you observe and make records of childrens development? how will you use these records for the benefit of the children? What will you share with parents.

Will share everything with parents
LJs based on reg obs. evidence,photos, wow moments, dated and shared and EYFS levels identified and next targets in place.
children benefit by having approp activities offered to extend them so they are not bored or over stimulated
Children can enjoy the LJ too and apprec seeing their artwork etc valued etc.
we wil display their work and photos on the walls and praise them.
parents will be consulted at all stages of the progress.

4) What documents will you need to have in place? why are they important? have you prepared any of these?

I have identified all the paperwork I need to have in place (LJ, daily diary, contracts, invoices, procedures and policies etc. Mandatory ones are printed out (see list)
All others copied on disc or given parents and on display in my hall. Parents to sign for having seen them. Parents to be given parents pack with mandatory policies and extra docs relating to my setting.
Fire evac and safety docs are on display plus data protection certif, safeguarding and complaints procedures docs .
These are imp for the health and safety and wellbeing and education and happiness of the child and for the satisfaction of the parents.
I aim to keep a personal and prof develop diary.

5) if you are applying to be registered on both the early years and childcare register, Have you considered if there are any differences between the two registers? If so how might this apply to your services?

Obv one is based in my house and one at the child's house. House rules still apply so parents must be happy with them and vice versa in their house.
Clearly I cannot be available as a childminder and child carer at the same time so i must be clear about my availability to parents. (Have a feeling this is not enough...)

6)What sources of evidence might you have to record childrens progress and be able to show parents what their child has achieved during their time with you. My answer would be daily diary and obs!

photos videos, art and craft work completed puzzles, books we've looked at/read, evidence on paper and markings, play writing, baby books, conversation w child in parent's hearing.

7) how will you know that children are progressing in their learning and development and how will you use this knowledge to plan for their future developmet.

Evidence will show this (see no. 42) and they also will be ready for the next level. ( ie play writing could indicate an opp for making a little book for her to fill up and write in and give title illustrate etc)
Refer to EYFS at all times and confer with parents/carers

cheers jac

missnaughty
20-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Thank you I roughly thought the same but was unsure.
X