PDA

View Full Version : As a newbie who to choose?????

missnaughty
19-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi All

As a newbie, I am thinking of what insurance to go with. Would it be easier to start with ncma for the 1st year?
Any advice will be greatly recieved.
Thanks X

khlwomitchell
19-08-2011, 06:44 PM
i had to spend loads on a fence when i began so i went with cheapest, morton michel. NCMA i will choose next time for the discounts on the contract books etc and getting the mag will be good to show you are up to date with the buisness.

Penny1959
19-08-2011, 07:45 PM
It all depends on what you want Both do insurance both offer business paperwork and a magazine (one online - one paper).

But the big difference is in the cost and the fact that NCMA costs more because you are paying membership to join a childminding association.

As an NCMA member you have opportunity to voice your opinion through regional forums, and conferences and via email direct to NCMA who lobby the government and others to to pass on the message about what childminders think, need and want.

I think of NCMA as a sort of union for members - they represent us - as one voice we can not be heard in the corridors of westminster - as thousands of voices we are heard.

Many of the special arrangements for childminders have been agree with the powers that be by NCMA - it is true that all childminders benefit from these special arrangements not just NCMA members - but if no one was a member of NCMA - no one would lobby on childminders behalf and there would not be any other special arrangements made.

Oh and yes I am a NCMA member.

Penny :)

angeldelight
19-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Good advice from the others

You have to decide - there are heaps of threads about them both so have a look around

I was always with NCMA but changed about 3 years ago to MM and I will always stick with them now

Angel xx

miffy
20-08-2011, 07:21 AM
You can be a member of NCMA and buy your insurance from MM although this works out more expensive.

I have been an NCMA member for over 20 years and I think without them childminders would have ended up paying a lot more for Ofsted registration amongst other things.

Miffy xx