PDA

View Full Version : You know the cut backs are bad when.....

stardust
18-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Ofsted tell you they are not CRB checking you because you were CRB checked a year ago!

A year ago I registered as a private nanny and was CRB checked along with everything else. I sent off my forms to become a childminder last week, this Tuesday I got a call from Ofsted saying they were not going to CRB check me. :eek: But they will be CRB checking my fiance.
Now fair enough they did do an enhance CRB last year and I have had a total of 6 Crbs over the last 5 years for various childcare jobs and haven't committed any crimes that would stop me passing a CRB. I know this however a CRB is like an MOT only valid the day it is printed. There is no gaurentee that you haven't done anything and been caught as it is down to you to inform your employer unless it is really bad but for GBH or ABH, Mugging ect you have to inform your employer and it will show up on the next CRB check you have done. So how do Ofsted know that I haven't been out mugging people or getting into fights?? This now makes me doubt the system just that little bit more.

Carol M
19-08-2011, 06:59 AM
I think this is why the Vetting and Barring System was to be introduced by the last government, it's now on hold! Probably due to finances!!
Carol xx

Hebs
19-08-2011, 07:28 AM
when you were CRB'd for your nanny work, did ofsted do the CRB?? if so this is why
otherwise they MUST by law redo one
I have a crb pile a mile long for different jobs all enhanced but Ofsted still completed a CRB check on me.

charleyfarley
19-08-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm not CRB checked, never have been due to it being Social Services in charge when I started minding. You'll find a lot of childminders aren't if they've been minding a long time.

Carol xx

Chatterbox Childcare
19-08-2011, 10:12 AM
You only need to be CRB checked if you are with a different authority. If Ofsted did your nanny one they don't need to do another one

snufflepuff
19-08-2011, 10:47 AM
I was in the same situation as you- didn't need another CRB because ofsted had already done one when I registered as a nanny. Mine would have been 2 years old when I started childminding.

Kelly
19-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I've never had an Ofsted CRB When I re-registered with Ofsted after moving from abroad I had just recieved my CRB back from the scouting association, when I had my pre-reg visit they said that as the scouting associastion had jsut been completed they would not need to do another, I have moved house twice since then and still never had my CRB re-newed despite several requests for them to do so. :rolleyes:

stardust
19-08-2011, 07:01 PM
I know that they don't need to do another one.
what i don't get is that in a nursery setting it has to be done every 3 years but if it a Ofsted one its only done once.

miffy
19-08-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm not CRB checked, never have been due to it being Social Services in charge when I started minding. You'll find a lot of childminders aren't if they've been minding a long time.

Carol xx

Me neither - could have been up to all sorts! :laughing:

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
19-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Me neither - could have been up to all sorts! :laughing:

Miffy xx

We're showing our age or rather how long we've been minding :laughing:

Carol xx

angeldelight
19-08-2011, 11:27 PM

Carol xx

Same here

Angel xx