PDA

View Full Version : please help!!!! panicking much

jojobell
12-08-2011, 08:03 PM
hi all am due my 1st inspection soon support childminder says wnt be long........................ I AM PANICKING!!!! lol i only have one child at mo...
i have full risk assements,
policys and procedures
health and saftey folder with fridge temps, room temps, cleaning rotas, insurance, fire drills, first aid restock list, gudience ect (cnt remember the rest off the top of my head!!
contracts
medication folder
incident and acident book
accounts
attendence register
lerning journal (for my one mindie!!!) lol i have got planning, early years paspoet, all about me, obs, photos and wow momwnts also next steps and planning topics (does this sound ok)???

on display i have ofsted registration, public liability, fire procedure, ofsted poster, safegaurding poster, and some random ones................(hand washing, welcome in diffrent languages, and a big poster of the world to record were weve been this year!!!....................................

sory for the LONG post..................... freeking out that im not on the right lines and missing stuff out,, does this sound ok?? anything im not doing that i should!! quite confident that my policies and risk assesments are gd its just were to put all the other stuff LOL, all you lovely people please help im pankiking big time!!!!

khlwomitchell
12-08-2011, 08:10 PM
visitors book? when they some check id and sign them in and then out, shows professionalism.

sounds sweet, well prepared and then some.
Good luck, very best and it will be emotional but deep breaths and cross fingers mindee is having a happy day and if sunny be outside, kids love gardens!

jojobell
12-08-2011, 08:51 PM
hi yes thanks, ive ordered a visitors book (been recording on paper till now!!!!) hopefull shld come on monday!!! thanks you for your reply i think once i have a grade i wont be so sutch an emotional wreck (unless godforbid i get that dreaded grade no childminder wants!!!) lol its the not knowing if im on the right trck i dnt like!

khlwomitchell
13-08-2011, 07:19 PM
done your SEF too?
I felt that as long as she told me the weakest points are the ones that i know of its ok.
Had mine last thurs. My written report was not as positive as she was to me, but i suppose thats fine. i let my 9mth old eat a rice cake on the playroom carpet and didn't wipe his hands first, though all my big kids washed up first, and it sounds like my hygiene support is appaling, on paper.
best not moan over it, can't change it now but come on next inspection, i'm gonna be perfect!

jojo123
17-08-2011, 07:11 PM
hi yes thanks, ive ordered a visitors book (been recording on paper till now!!!!) hopefull shld come on monday!!! thanks you for your reply i think once i have a grade i wont be so sutch an emotional wreck (unless godforbid i get that dreaded grade no childminder wants!!!) lol its the not knowing if im on the right trck i dnt like!
If you don't mind me asking what visitors book have you ordered and where from?

Good luck with your inspection - I'm sure you'll be fine! :)