PDA

View Full Version : online tax pin number

Jinx
07-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Finally sat down last night and decided to get on and do my tax return online. I'd got everything I needed, NI number, URN, P60 etc.
Type in all the information and then get to a page saying that I need to enter a PIN number and that it will be sent to me through the post in 7 days!!!! How :censored: ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Is this the norm? Have I done something wrong? Why can't they email the pin number?

Sorry, just really frustrated.....wanted to get it done last night and now I'm going to have to psych myself up again next week!;)

Jinx x

sarah707
07-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes, that's the norm... they trust Royal Mail more than email addresses...

Not sure I'd trust either! :laughing:

devoncm
07-05-2008, 01:01 PM
yes, this was my method and i was a bit annoyed aswell, anyway after having it sent to me get to log on again and my pin number does not work!!!

i have had a reminder via email tho so will try again later

deeb66
07-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Yes I am afraid that is correct.

AND when you get it you have 30 days (unless it has changed since I did it) to activate it otherwise you have to start the whole process over again.

Gherkin
11-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Finally sat down last night and decided to get on and do my tax return online. I'd got everything I needed, NI number, URN, P60 etc.
Type in all the information and then get to a page saying that I need to enter a PIN number and that it will be sent to me through the post in 7 days!!!! How :censored: ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Jinx,

Let me know how it goes -it is a job I keep putting off as I am a bit nervous that I am going to c**k it up!

Jinx
11-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Jinx,

Let me know how it goes -it is a job I keep putting off as I am a bit nervous that I am going to c**k it up!

I did it on Friday. The pin number arrived within 4 days.
It wasn't too bad and actually made more sense than the forms. You can't miss anything out online as it reminds you if you have.
You can also save it and go back to it at a later date, but I did mine all in one go and it only took me half an hour or so.
Feel sooooo relieved now its out of the way.

Good luck with yours. :thumbsup:

Jinx x

miffy
12-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks for that Jinx - I've always done a paper return but might give this a try

At least I know about the pin thing now

miffy xx

emma04
22-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I did it on Friday. The pin number arrived within 4 days.
It wasn't too bad and actually made more sense than the forms. You can't miss anything out online as it reminds you if you have.
You can also save it and go back to it at a later date, but I did mine all in one go and it only took me half an hour or so.
Feel sooooo relieved now its out of the way.

Good luck with yours. :thumbsup:

Jinx x

I've just done mine and it was easier than i thought! Trouble is cos i found it so easy i'm now worried i've done it wrong!!! Oh well i ticked the box to declare that i have been honest and done everything to the best of my ability....i'm sure i'll escape prison!!! (hope so anyway!!!):laughing:

Gherkin
25-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Well have finally tidied my paperwork up so there is now no excuse for me not to tackle the tax return. Jinx I am going to take your word that it is fairly easy and will be logging in to order my pin.
Thanks.