PDA

View Full Version : upgrade help please

mushpea
11-08-2011, 09:23 AM
I am able to upgrade my phone next month but cant decide which phone to get,, I would like an android phone but not having had one before I have no idea which phone would be good.
if you have an android phone which one is it and would you recomend it and are there any that you wouldnt recomend

BuggsieMoo
11-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Ive got the samsung galaxy s and love it. Its very similar to the iphone x

LOOPYLISA
11-08-2011, 09:58 AM
iPhone :eek:

Mouse
11-08-2011, 10:05 AM
My husband has got the Samsung Galaxy S & loves it.

I've got an HTC Wildfire, as has one of my sons. One of the others has got the HTC Desire.

From our experience, I think it depends how much you will use the phone for apps, when out & about etc.
For me, as I am mainly at home when I want access to the internet etc, i use my laptop as it's switched on all the time. If I'm out & about (on a journey, on holiday) I use my Ipad. I only really use my phone for texting, phone calls & occassionally for checking emails & the internet while I'm out.

My husband uses his phone much more as a mini computer! He doesn't often have his laptop on when he's at home, so his phone is fab for going on the internet. And he doesn't have ab IPad, so when we're on hols etc, he uses his phone. I don't think the HTC phones would be good enough for the amount of use he gets out of a phone...if that makes sense!

Toothfairy
11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
I have just upgraded my phone too.
I went for a HTC Desire S.
It has most of the benefits of an iphone plus you can print off of the Pogo printer too.

I've only had it 2 days but already feel at home with it. Easy to set up if you download the manual on the internet.

Greengrass74
11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I have the Samsung Galaxy and Claire has the I Phone, not a lot of differance really both are really good. :thumbsup:

newbie1512
11-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Its IPhone all the way for me, cant wait for the 5 to be released :)

AliceK
11-08-2011, 12:54 PM
I have the HTC Desire. It took a while to get used to it but now I love it. I sit in bed at night and read the updated news and weather forecast for the next couple of days before I go to sleep. I love the quality and number of photos it takes and stores and use it all the time with my Pogo. I also love the android alarm, I record a very rude message telling me to get out of bed in a morning.

xxx

littletreasures
11-08-2011, 12:58 PM
I upgraded to an HTC Desire and really didn't like it. I just couldn't get the hang of it.

I had an Ipod Touch so I suppose I was comparing it to that. I decided to treat myself to an Iphone and love it.

I was lucky as virgin who I was with, has a 28 day return so I could try the Desire and if I didn't like it send it back so I didn't lose out.

Iphone definitely x

amanda1309
11-08-2011, 09:15 PM
I have an HTC Desire and I love it.

I do everything on it, from reading the forum, facebook, twitter to booking train tickets, tesco shopping, satalite navigation and a whole load of other apps.

It links with my pogo so even if I forget my camera I can still take pictures.

I love mine:clapping:

Rain or Shine
11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Sony Xperia Arc for me xxx