PDA

View Full Version : weird results with WW propoints

kindredspirits
11-08-2011, 08:44 AM
My DH has been doing WW for 10 weeks - he started off at 16st7 and consistantly lost at least 2lbs a week or more until 3 weeks ago where he stuck around the 15st mark. He's tall and fairly muscular so we think he's got about 6-10lbs still to go then he'll be at his ideal weight.
Anyway for 3 weeks he either stayed the same or put on a pound - just couldn't get into the 14st bracket - so I suggested that he eat a bit more - not unhealthy stuff but just higher point stuff - he's like a money in the bank sort of points follower, so if it comes to more than 2-3 pts he feels like he's being bad - his dinners were usually Cod at 4pts and potatoes at 6pts then veg. He never touched his weekly points or his activity points, despite running up 50+ activity points by the end of the week.

Anyway, he has been eating all his activity points on top of his daily ones for 4 days and has lost 2lbs doing that!! His current weight is now 14st12 which was like the holy grail last week as he just couldn't seem to reach it. So if you're having trouble getting rid of the last half stone or so remember that your body needs to take in some healthy fats (like oats etc) in order to want to burn that last little bit you are carrying! :thumbsup:

sarah707
11-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes as you have found... to make something different happen you often have to do something slightly different.

Up your activity level a bit or change what you are eating to challenge the body into making changes.

it sounds like he is enjoying his new healthy eating :clapping:

Mamma4Ya
12-08-2011, 07:31 AM
My DH has been doing WW for 10 weeks - he started off at 16st7 and consistantly lost at least 2lbs a week or more until 3 weeks ago where he stuck around the 15st mark. He's tall and fairly muscular so we think he's got about 6-10lbs still to go then he'll be at his ideal weight.
Anyway for 3 weeks he either stayed the same or put on a pound - just couldn't get into the 14st bracket - so I suggested that he eat a bit more - not unhealthy stuff but just higher point stuff - he's like a money in the bank sort of points follower, so if it comes to more than 2-3 pts he feels like he's being bad - his dinners were usually Cod at 4pts and potatoes at 6pts then veg. He never touched his weekly points or his activity points, despite running up 50+ activity points by the end of the week.

Anyway, he has been eating all his activity points on top of his daily ones for 4 days and has lost 2lbs doing that!! His current weight is now 14st12 which was like the holy grail last week as he just couldn't seem to reach it. So if you're having trouble getting rid of the last half stone or so remember that your body needs to take in some healthy fats (like oats etc) in order to want to burn that last little bit you are carrying! :thumbsup:

If your body feels it is not getting enough it goes into starvation mode and holds onto the fat, so by eating more healthy food gives your body the kick it needs to eat into the fat. I am on Slimming World and at times I have to eat more to get past a hurdle but I only do this for one day otherwise if you overeat you end up putting it on the following week.

mama2three
12-08-2011, 07:34 AM
The forums on ww are full of people who have hit that same plateau. The concensus of opinion seems to be to start eating your 49 weekly points to get going again. Well done to your dh though on getting this far - hope youre not still following it though!

kindredspirits
12-08-2011, 07:41 AM
hope youre not still following it though!

PMSL - no this baby wants chocolate!! :laughing: