PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever look at your 'My NCMA' page?

Penny1959
11-08-2011, 05:50 AM
Well do you? and if so how often?

I have to admit that in the past I only looked if reviewing policies or wanted a factsheet.

But did you know that in 'My NCMA' you can find information about what is going on in your region - including an invite to attend the Regional Forums

So why not take a look today - the most recent invites are being added now for the forums in October.

No idea what a forum is and if any point in you going?

Well a forum is run by NCMA volunteers like me - just normal working childminders - we are not paid by NCMA - but we are all passionate about childminding and all want to increase the professionalism of childminding - and most importantly discuss with other childminders issues that are important to us - and then to feed this information back to NCMA.

The debate at the October forums (all of them no matter where you live) is going to be about 'Challenging Local Issues' - so anything in your area or nationally that is concerning you.

If you are a west Midlands Childminder - look out for my other post - Invite to West Mindlands NCMA Regional Forum - as I will be attaching a copy of theOctober invite - and hot of the press news about a free gift for eveyone who attends the West Midlands Forum!

Penny :)

miffy
11-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Errrr no not unless I want info on something and happen to be on the ncma website.

I do know about the forums though and try to go to them.

Miffy xx

gegele
11-08-2011, 07:41 AM
i didn't even know i had a my ncma:blush: :blush: :blush:

Pixie dust
11-08-2011, 07:45 AM
I do look every now and again, I would like to go to my regional forum but my area is large and sadly its often a 2 to 3 hour drive to get to them. I know the venue is always changed so I will just have to wait til it comes nearer to me.

Penny1959
11-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I do look every now and again, I would like to go to my regional forum but my area is large and sadly its often a 2 to 3 hour drive to get to them. I know the venue is always changed so I will just have to wait til it comes nearer to me.

2 to 3 hours is a long drive Pixie dust - and these days would be expensive - have you contacted your regional officiers to let them know you are interested and would like to attend - as it may help them when planning where to holf future forums.

Hope you get to one soon

Penny1959
11-08-2011, 08:03 AM
i didn't even know i had a my ncma:blush: :blush: :blush:

Gegele - I don't think you are the only one who does not know about My NCMA - it is one of the problems - how do people know what is going on in their region if they don't even know about My NCMA - and may not have need to look at NCMA website very often.

I hope you now take a look atyour 'My NCMA' page

Carol M
11-08-2011, 08:45 AM
I do :D
I'm on the committee:thumbsup:
Regional forums:- Fab day out,fab discussions with like minded people, really feel included,good to hear whats happening in other parts of your region and nationally, great to know we have the support of NCMA, put faces to names, great workshops, can get involved as much as you like no pressure, goody bags, free stuff, raffles and not to forget the LUNCH( yum, yum)
Carol xx

Penny1959
12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Just wondering - are there not many ncma members on the forum? Or are they all on holiday - as would have expected a few more views and replies.

Just curious really

marian
12-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I shall go and have a look at 'My NCMA' now!:)

The Regional forum invite looks good - I am tempted - need to find out if DH is 'on call' 1st to see if I can go. Wont know anyone tho:(

Marian x

Penny1959
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM
I shall go and have a look at 'My NCMA' now!:)

The Regional forum invite looks good - I am tempted - need to find out if DH is 'on call' 1st to see if I can go. Wont know anyone tho:(

Marian x

Hello Marian

Which region are you as if my region will look out for you and if another region can give you a contact name or just email the person whose name is on the booking form

Hope you get to go

marian
12-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I m from the west midlands :)

About 15 mins from town (Birmingham)

Marian x

Rubybubbles
12-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I go on it, but tbh not much on there really! I only went on as needed more paperwork stuff:)

aly
12-08-2011, 01:45 PM
I do now and again, and i guess i may lose that page in feb anyway when i change over to MM.

EmTay1285
12-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi Penny, I have just registered so have been using my pages quite a bit.
I'm a bit confused as to what I should receive on becoming a member of the NCMA? my Ofsted inspector seemed to think I should get a 'Welcome pack' containing Contracts, Child Record Forms, Accident book, fire blanket & daily register, but when I contacted NCMA they said I have to pay an extra £50 on top of my £15 joining fee & £52.50 membership fee?!

Carol M
12-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Penny, I have just registered so have been using my pages quite a bit.
I'm a bit confused as to what I should receive on becoming a member of the NCMA? my Ofsted inspector seemed to think I should get a 'Welcome pack' containing Contracts, Child Record Forms, Accident book, fire blanket & daily register, but when I contacted NCMA they said I have to pay an extra £50 on top of my £15 joining fee & £52.50 membership fee?!

You will only pay the joining fee once, the membership fee is annually and then you have the option of buying the NCMA Public Liability at a very reasonable price.
Don't know where your Ofsted inspector got the idea of a welcome pack for free, all these items to buy individually are more than £50. I think this offer for new members maybe what inspector is talking about, not free but certainly worth it!
Carol x
Sorry I answered instead of Penny, she will put me right if I'm wrong!

Carol M
12-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Marian x

There are 4 forum members that attend West Midlands Regionals.
Do come along Marian, it will be good to meet you.
Carol xx

Penny1959
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM

Marian x

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

So pleased you are from the West Mids, Marion :D (because the only other lady to respond about forums so far is from Oxfordshire - hopefully she will be going to theirs - but of course I was hoping to get in touch with a few new West Mids people).

Anyway please feel free to PM me ( and I bet Carol M will say the same - but wait for her to say) so we can chat a bit and get to know a bit about each other - as I think it helps to know about someone before you get there (I will be the very nervous one sat at the front - as first forum that I am chair of ). As Carol says there are 4 forum members that go to the West Mids forum so good opportuinty to put faces to names.

Penny1959
12-08-2011, 05:05 PM
You will only pay the joining fee once, the membership fee is annually and then you have the option of buying the NCMA Public Liability at a very reasonable price.
Don't know where your Ofsted inspector got the idea of a welcome pack for free, all these items to buy individually are more than £50. I think this offer for new members maybe what inspector is talking about, not free but certainly worth it!
Carol x
Sorry I answered instead of Penny, she will put me right if I'm wrong!

Just to say Carol is right about the NCMA membership etc.

I think the Ofsted inspector may be referring to start up grants and / or packages. Some LA's used to offer to pay for the first year of insurance with either NCMA or MM and you also got the buisness packs as well (so contracts etc.

Some still do but is usual linked to doing all the training etc with them or some other clause

But a lot now offer nothing due toLA cut backs.

However it might be worth phoning you LA Early Years Team to see if anything available

ninagee
12-08-2011, 07:06 PM
I am in Birmingham and at last going to the West Mids forum. Couldn't go before as DH was working shifts.

I look at My NCMA about once a month, when I remember of course.

Nina :)

Playmate
12-08-2011, 08:08 PM
I have to be honest, I havn't been on there for ages :blush: :blush: but as a vounteer and married to an NPF member I do sort of keep upto date :D
If any anyone lives in the East Region please come and join Blue Boy and I at our next forum. Saturday 2nd October in Lutton.Mick will be leading the morning session and I will be doing the pm workshop. Also I will be a guest, delivering the workshop at the South East region forum the following week in Aylesbury :D

Pixie dust
12-08-2011, 08:26 PM
If any anyone lives in the East Region please come and join Blue Boy and I at our next forum. Saturday 2nd October in Lutton.Mick will be leading the morning session and I will be doing the pm workshop. Also I will be a guest, delivering the workshop at the South East region forum the following week in Aylesbury

I am in the East but Luton is just too far away, it would take me 2 1/2 hours to get there. Maybe next time.

Penny1959
12-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I am in Birmingham and at last going to the West Mids forum. Couldn't go before as DH was working shifts.

I look at My NCMA about once a month, when I remember of course.

Nina :)

Oh this is good news Nina :clapping: - don't forget to get your booking form in early as places (and Jolfi bears) limited to first 50 - don't get me wrong - plenty of places at the moment - but would hate you to miss out at last moment.

Really looking forward to meeting you - and with Marion - if you both make it - that will be 6 members of the forum there :D

Same message as to Marion - please feel free to Pm me if you want more information (or use the email address on the booking form and welcome letter)

Please pass the info on to any of your ncma childminding friends who are not on forum.

Penny1959
12-08-2011, 09:13 PM
I keep forgetting to say ....

If any of you West Midlands Childminders go to any drop ins or meet with other childminders either formally or informally at each others houses - I am very willing to come and meet you - so you can put a face to the name and to tell you a bit more about the forums and how your voice gets to be heard by ncma - and to find out what workshops you would like in the future.

And if you (or any of your colleagues) don't happen to be ncma members yet - I am more than happy to come along and meet you and explain why I am personally a 'ncma person' and why I think being a member of NCMA is important - but there would be no pressure to join - if not for you - fair enough.

clareelizabeth1
03-09-2011, 08:56 AM
I click on my email evey month which takes me to the my ncma page but have never gone further i will try it today though

Thanks

stardust
03-09-2011, 11:05 PM

where abouts are you 2?? i would like to attend but dont fancy a long drive on my own so would be willing to car share??
tara x

FussyElmo
04-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I will be totally honest and say i have never been on my ncma page and I have always been a NCMA member. Ok off to have a look now :blush: