PDA

View Full Version : Payment methods?

kblake
10-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Was just wondering how everyone gets paid, by what methods? I'm sarting in September with my first mindee and dont really know what is acceptable, cash, cheque etc.....

funemnx
10-08-2011, 07:54 PM
In advance always~!!! :D

I will take it any way they like to pay me. Cash is better but a lot of my parents pay me straight into my account as they use the vouchers, which is really handy and they are usually the ones who pay on time too :thumbsup:

Make sure you invoice a week in advance of payday to give parents time ;)

kblake
10-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Lovely thank you:)

Chimps Childminding
10-08-2011, 08:14 PM
I have one who pays by vouchers. I give them bill, they notify Edenred and money is paid straight into my account within a couple of days. The rest pay cash! I had one who paid cheque, but it was getting difficult to get into the bank sometimes for a week or so, so was gonna ask them to get me cash instead, as it is they have now moved away so probem solved!!

Goatgirl
10-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi :),
SAme here: cheques are a pain for me.

I accept vouchers, direct transfer and cash, due in my bank account the friday before the monday care begins.

I do invoice, about a week before its due.

They pay for 4 weeks or a month at a time :thumbsup:

miffy
11-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Most of my parents now pay by vouchers directly into my bank account.

I used to accept cheques but have decided to stop this from September as it means a special journey to the bank.

Always get payment in advance - means you're not out of pocket if the contract ends suddenly.

Good luck

Miffy xx

gegele
11-08-2011, 07:12 AM
we work out bill over the year with most my parents or 6months so the bill is the same all year, parent set a direct debit and sorted. and easier to sort out childcare vouchers as well.

otehrs pay me weekly by paiement to the bank, rarely i had cash, never cheque as i'm rubbish at cashing them in.:laughing:

ALWAYS in advance

oh and by doing it yearly then it's 1invoice only :D :thumbsup:

Mamma4Ya
12-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I would suggest standing order, bank transfers or cash, I dont like cheques as its not always easy to get to a bank or they can have rubber bands attached to them :(