PDA

View Full Version : hospital in lock down due to rioters!!!! can't believe this happened

Pixie dust
10-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Have just read this in the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024393/Heartless-rioters-attacked-childrens-hospital-prevent-parents-spending-night-dying-baby.html

angeldelight
10-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Yes they made it look like there was trouble at the hospital

THERE WAS NOT

There was no threats to the hospital either ..... it was gangs on Facebook and using their blackberrys to spread these untrue stories

My friends work there - its been on our local news this morning that these stories are untrue

The trouble was in the same road and it was aimed at the near by police station

Still terrible though for people who had children there and could not visit due to the riots

This is just one of many stories in our area that make me at the moment ashamed to say I live here !!

Angel xx

onceinabluemoon
10-08-2011, 05:35 PM
"An aunt, who travelled from Spain to visit the sick baby, was also unable to get through the gangs armed with broken bottles and knives who surrounded the hospital. "

So this is total fabrication? How the heck can they get away with scaremongering like this? They should be shut down too if they're making things up to sell their sleazepaper!

angeldelight
10-08-2011, 06:34 PM
"An aunt, who travelled from Spain to visit the sick baby, was also unable to get through the gangs armed with broken bottles and knives who surrounded the hospital. "

So this is total fabrication? How the heck can they get away with scaremongering like this? They should be shut down too if they're making things up to sell their sleazepaper!

The problem was that no one could get through because of some idiots - they lined the streets causing trouble because the police station is opposite the hospital

Totally wrong of the gangs to do this I agree

They did not get into the hospital though and they did not threaten to petrol bomb it ...... they had no intention of doing anything to the hospital ........ well I hope not anyway but who knows

I only know my friend works there and she said that a lot of parents lucky enough were already with their child etc when the trouble kicked off and there was no trouble at the hospital

In fact the police were praised for making sure nothing happened

My point was that the staff did not have to form a human shield around the hospital and there were not threats of fire bombs .... why make a really bad situation worse by selling stories like this?

Angel xx

angeldelight
10-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Here is the correct story

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/birmingham-news/2011/08/10/birmingham-disturbances-children-s-hospital-hits-out-over-social-media-rumours-97319-29209587/

Angel xx

onceinabluemoon
10-08-2011, 06:51 PM
typical of the Mail though isnt it? If its not true they just put a bit of slant on it or exaggerate tons!

Ooh it makes me sooooo angry because they are inflaming people's opinions and making more trouble.

just read your other link Angel, I think the mail should be bought to task over their lying and scaremongering! Grrr

angeldelight
10-08-2011, 06:54 PM
typical of the Mail though isnt it? If its not true they just put a bit of slant on it or exaggerate tons!

Ooh it makes me sooooo angry because they are inflaming people's opinions and making more trouble.

Yes I agree

Cant just blame them ether ......... there are so many stories flying around here today people are scared to go out because we have no idea what is true and what is lies

Angel xx