PDA

View Full Version : My last post got me thinking....

newbie1512
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I said that I had decided my long term goal and I wondered if anybody else would like to share their ambitions??

Optimalstar
09-08-2011, 05:35 PM
So what's your long term goal?

khlwomitchell
09-08-2011, 07:28 PM
having only just started minding my goal is to go back to coffee shop work eventually. I miss that work but won't do it til my youngest in secondary i bet (he's 18mths).
Why do most of you do this job? It's so i'm there for my kids, but also to offer my lovely home and life to kiddies too.

Winnie
09-08-2011, 07:31 PM
My longterm goal is to retire :laughing: thought i'd cracked it a few years ago when i stopped minding and got rid of most of my stuff...luckily i kept a good amount of it as i got bored and missed the children :o next time i will plan it better :D

khlwomitchell
09-08-2011, 07:37 PM
My longterm goal is to retire :laughing: thought i'd cracked it a few years ago when i stopped minding and got rid of most of my stuff...luckily i kept a good amount of it as i got bored and missed the children :o next time i will plan it better :D

did the same with having kids, two down sold buggy then left my mini pill for 10hours and hello little ollie! best plans and all that!

funemnx
09-08-2011, 07:42 PM
This weeks 'plan' - in 3 years time all my small people will be at school. No more work 9-3 just before and after school and all the holiday's!

Before that I'll get an enquiry or a parent will have another baby and I'll give in LOL!!

mushpea
09-08-2011, 08:05 PM
I would love to become a foster carerer especialy for disabled children, failing that I would love to childmind disabled children,, the reason is because they are never ungrateful, and very rewarding to work with and I would like to see any child reach their full potential.
I wanted to become a foster parent but my partner didnt as he said he wouldnt have the paitence,, I live in hope that one day he will change!

Optimalstar
10-08-2011, 07:50 AM
"the reason is because they are never ungrateful, and very rewarding to work with and I would like to see any child reach their full potential."

Explain please!
If you enjoy working with children then all children are rewarding. Everyone struggles with something. As for 'never ungrateful' I beg to differ. All children(and adults) have the potential to be grateful and ungrateful alike - it's a personality trait not exclusive to any group of people.

Anyway to answer a previous question. My decision to cm right now is embedded in my desire to remain at home with my 2 lo's, who are my last children(I have 6). I do however find my identity in doing something other than parenting so childminding will just fit nicely. That may sound flippant but I don't mean it to.

My background is teaching so I view childminding as taking the classroom into my home with a smaller number and (potentially)younger age group. I've worked in a village school and special needs school so mixed age/ability planning isn't too much of a scary thought.

Sam x