PDA

View Full Version : planning,etc for holiday only child.

donnamarie2
09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi, I have a child who will only be coming to me in holidays he is 3.5 so still in eyfs .
I have started him an acheivement book with some photo's of activities we have done and linked them to the areas of learning , i observed his first day and his starting points , i have listed activities he may like based on his intrests for planning does this sound ok?
As hes holiday only there won't be that much in it as he wont be every day in the hols so didn't want to go too mad.
I haven't been inspected yet as i never had an eyfs child so they are due to ring in a few months to see so am trying to get it organised . thanks

sarah707
09-08-2011, 08:43 PM
What you have in place sounds fab!

make sure you input the child's comments into the observations :D

donnamarie2
11-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks sarah , feel better now !

marleymoo
11-08-2011, 09:30 AM
sounds good to me too! I do something very similar for children that only come for a few hours a week or who are on short term contracts. What I also do is stick a few photos in

marleymoo
11-08-2011, 09:32 AM
sounds good to me too! I do something very similar for children that only come for a few hours a week or who are on short term contracts. What I also do is stick a few pertinent photos in but save all of the others onto a disc to give to parents at the end of the contract - it's up to them then if they want to print them.
Sorry if my earlier message was sent incomplete but my new keyboard is extremely sensitive!:o