PDA

View Full Version : Which suncream?

clio0602
09-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone could recommend a suncream for my 2 kids? We are off to Cyprus and they both get terrible prickly heat with the thick high factor suncreams.

I have just bought a factor 50 Nivea sun invisible protection spray thinking that it wouldn't block the pores but its got alcohol in so wodering if it will dry out their skin. It doesn't say its unsuitable for children so presume it would be fine?

Anyone know of any other light suncreams we could try ?

Thanks x

QualityCare
09-08-2011, 02:23 PM
I use banana boat its hypoallergenic and has aloe vera and vitamin e which moisturises the skin.

Adiamond
10-08-2011, 07:19 AM
We have just returned back from benidorm it was 35 degrees and above most days and we all used Tesco suncream ds (9) factor 30 he suffers with excema and he never burnt or had a flare up.I always get prickly heat for the first few days but I haven't had one bit this holiday.
I normally use the named sun cream but thought this year we would try the Tesco one (also it was ALOT cheaper) and I am glad I did :D
We used banana boat aloe vera after sun and have to say it is the best after sun we have ever used :clapping: and it is on offer in Tesco at the minute £2.50.
HTH xx

Ali56
10-08-2011, 07:42 AM
I was told to use a sunscreen for sensitive skin as there is something in most sun screens that doesn't help prickly heat. I get it terribly! (and my mum lives in spain too!!) I use tesco sensitive sunscreen F30. Seems to work for me (mostly-doesnt stop the PH to be honest, but not so bad) and its is much cheeper too :clapping: :clapping: Use cooling aloe vera gel, kept in the fridge. It helps too. Have a great holiday!

clio0602
10-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks for that will get myself to Tesco I think! :thumbsup: