PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5's

Jess214
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Hello,

Two of my mindees will be starting in Reception on September, I will have them before and after school 2/3 days a week rather than all day. Do I continue with the obs and planning and daily diaries? In my mind there is no longer a need for the daily diary. I guess I need to plan and obs them but knowing the children (one has only just turned 4 and the other has SEN and tires quickly) neither will be up to much after doing a full day at school especially during the first term as they get used to their new routine. So do I plan and if they are too pooped to do anything just record it or do I plan to let them chill?

sarah707
08-08-2011, 06:29 PM
You plan to each child's needs and to complement their time elsewhere.

As for diaries I ask parents what they want.

Hth :D

janet
09-08-2011, 11:56 AM
hi we only do diarys if parents want them if not we do a A4 file for our school children to keep their paintings and art work in.

x

penetrated_ace
09-08-2011, 12:40 PM
You need to do the EYFS developments with a child until the 31st of August following a child's 5th birthday which is when the EYFS ends. The rising 5 condition only relates to them being in the childcare category for ratio's not records.

alysonclark
23-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I've got my first mindee on the way (hopefully ) mum and daughter are coming to visit on thursday .The little girl is 4 but starting full time school in sept .Do I still need to do a learning journal for her ?I will have her before and after school 2 days a week and possible some time over the school holidays