PDA

View Full Version : Please can somebody help me with a question in my pre reg booklet?

Please help
08-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Hi Everyone
I am struggling to complete my pre reg booklet. It is taking so long and it has made me realise how much I didnt know.
My brain has gone totally blank for this question and im not sure if I am being very stupid or not so I would really appreciate some advice.
I have read the eyfs from cover to cover and cant find the answer to the following question - If you are applying to be registered on both the early years register and childcare register, have you considered if there are any differences between the two registers? If so, how might this apply to your service?
I know the differences between the 2 but i dont really understand what I should put as an answer.
Thanks for reading

sarah707
08-08-2011, 04:20 PM
If you are applying to be registered on both the early years register and childcare register, have you considered if there are any differences between the two registers? If so, how might this apply to your service?
I know the differences between the 2 but i dont really understand what I should put as an answer.
Thanks for reading

there are quite a few differences between the registers.

For example the Childcare Register requires some policies and procedures - the Eyfs does not say they have to be written (although it is strongly recommended that they are).

The Childcare Register has different qualification requirements.

The Childcare Register says you have to help parents find alternative care if you are off - the Eyfs does not.

Have a read through both documents and compare them. You will see other differences too.

Hth :D

Please help
08-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks Sarah. I think its just information overload!

I have read them both this evening but can only find a few differences.

I am going to take a fresh look at it tomorrow and hopefully it will come to me :)

Thanks for your advice