PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a full member?

brillminder
06-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Sorry to repeat similar thread , but when i joined the criteria i believe was 30 days?60 posts and an introduction ? it seems to have changed to 60 days ? 120 posts and now 90 days ?300 posts................so which do i work to to be classed as a full member? The goal posts are moving
I think it should be what was on show when i joined? am I correct? appriciate any help

jaja
06-05-2008, 08:08 PM
same here!! I have been here for more than a month, over 100 messages and am still on basic too, why?? does anyone know? are we suppost to do anything else?

Pauline
06-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Jen you ought to have let me know - you should be Amber. The system must have missed you.

Green is a different thing that doesn't happen automatically, you have to meet the criteria then ask for membership.

I will turn you amber in a tick! :)

brillminder
06-05-2008, 08:19 PM
seems the goal posts have change when i joined it was 100 post & 60 days & intro now 90 days & 300posts & intro ......now i feel i will never get to be a full member , i think the criteria should be for when you became a member date wise , not keep changing?
Bit like ofsted, changes mind :blush:
I am trying to fing the thread with discussion about changing to read up and see what i missed,,just disapointed here

Pauline
06-05-2008, 08:29 PM
I can't please everyone but I can please those that share some very private information in the full member area and they asked that the criteria be changed and I listened.

Sadly some people will feel upset at the changes, especially when it means they have to wait longer but the privacy of members is my top priority.

Sorry but rules have to be set and we can't have it running from a members join date, for instance: Someone could have joined the forum way back in 2006 and never posted since, I wouldn't feel happy if they returned today and got into full members with just 10 days and 10 posts (as that was what the criteria was back then!)

Hope you understand :)

jaja
06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks pauline, i was bit confused really with it all! :blush: :blush: Does it still stand with the 300 posts then? when i joined it was 100 and 30 days so i am still confused with that :blush: :blush:

thanks xx

brillminder
06-05-2008, 08:33 PM
yes i do and partly agree- but i was nearly there to the criteria when i joined so disapointed :(

brillminder
06-05-2008, 08:36 PM
any chance of a vote for this to be looked at so it could be considered with more recent poster as your previous example would have been on the old board wouldn't it, and all had to rejoin as i did :)
I can not find the thread with the discussion about changeing criteria, please could someone direct me please :)

Pudding Girl
06-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I understand how you feel as when I joined last year the same happened to me, and tbh it really put me off even posting, I felt very unwanted :o and I do agree it should be done on date only, but others don't feel the same.

Stick with it, you'll be a full member before long x

SimplyLucy
07-05-2008, 06:04 AM
Is there an official list anywhere that tells you what membership happens when?

All I want to be able to do is post some pictures of my beautiful puppy!

:D

deeb66
07-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Hopefully these 2 posts will help

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7129

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8

SimplyLucy
07-05-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks Dee.....I wonder when I joined, I can't remember the exact date, is there a way of finding out?

miffy
07-05-2008, 06:21 AM
any chance of a vote for this to be looked at so it could be considered with more recent poster as your previous example would have been on the old board wouldn't it, and all had to rejoin as i did :)
I can not find the thread with the discussion about changeing criteria, please could someone direct me please :)

There was a poll about this - in full members - and the consensus of opinion is the system that we now have.

Pauline works really hard to take everyone's views into account but on this occasion it was the views of full members that won out.

Please carry on talking to us - you will soon make it to full members

miffy xx

deeb66
07-05-2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks Dee.....I wonder when I joined, I can't remember the exact date, is there a way of finding out?

Hi

Just checked your profile.

You joined on 21 April.

HTH

Pauline
07-05-2008, 06:33 AM
I think some of you are missing the point on what being a full member is all about.

although there is a post count criteria before being considered for access, that is not really what it is about. Anyone can post any old rubbish to up their post count (and believe me they do!) they do this just to try to get into the full member area.

But to me it is about being here, making friends with the other members by posting and chatting, then, when you meet the criteria everyone is keen to have you in there and look forward to continuing the chat on a more personal level.

If some people were given access today even with a high post count, they would be like a fish out of water as they would hardly know anyone and, I'm sure you agree, that a stranger would not be wanted in an area where we post very private information.

The best thing anyone can do is join in, chat and get to know everyone. :)

SimplyLucy
07-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks Dee you're a star.

Pauline, You are doing a great job, I like the system you use. I like the idea that people have to show commitment before moving to full membership.

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 06:49 AM
I agree with Pauline

They are the reasons that make our forum different to others

We are REAL people who make real friendships we get to know each other and help one another

Some people are happy to join and post rubbish just to get at our resources - but we dont like sharing them with people we dont know - WHY SHOULD WE?

If people join for the resources alone then that is unfair we all put a lot of work into providing them.

If you are here for all the reasons that Pauline mentions? -and you are intending to stick around anyway a short wait is not going to hurt is it ?

Angel xx

deeb66
07-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Thanks Dee you're a star.

Pauline, You are doing a great job, I like the system you use. I like the idea that people have to show commitment before moving to full membership.

Thank you Lucy.

I am really glad that you understand why we are so cautious.

At the rate you are going you will get there in no time at all and will be a valued member to the full members area :thumbsup:

crazybones
07-05-2008, 07:05 AM
The post count changed just before I was originally due to be a full member and it didnt put me off gassing in the slightest. I wanted to get to know all these wonderful people who had given me so much great advice and support and be able to give the same back. I am glad I did because the support is ongoing and fantastic and I have even been lucky enough to meet some members in the flesh (however posh they are :laughing:)

So keep chatting and joining in - its a fab forum whatever status you are. :D

Jinx
07-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm loving the site but struggle to keep up with all the posts as it is. If there is more in the full members section then I think I'd need to clone myself to keep up!!!!!

Not sure if I am supposed to have turned a lovely shade of yellow yet?
Not that I'm worried, my favorite colour is red.:thumbsup:

Jinx x

littlesprogs
07-05-2008, 12:21 PM
So I have to post something useful and not just write :censored: to become a full member:panic:

I think I might struggle!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

haha, i wouldnt quite have put it like that. There are certain sections that dont count towards your post count. I think it's the lounge, say hello and the wanted and for sale items section that doesnt count.

mum22
07-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Thank you for the clarification Pauline, I personally think that is fair enough - and as the saying goes some things are worth waiting for - i personally cant wait to join as a full member and think this forum is an absolute godsend.

x Helen

deeb66
07-05-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm loving the site but struggle to keep up with all the posts as it is. If there is more in the full members section then I think I'd need to clone myself to keep up!!!!!

Not sure if I am supposed to have turned a lovely shade of yellow yet?
Not that I'm worried, my favorite colour is red.:thumbsup:

Jinx x

Hi Jinx

I have just checked your profile.

You joined on 1st April so should have turned Amber by now.

Perhaps you need to PM Pauline to let her know as the system should automatically change you to Amber by you are nearly a week overdue :D

Please be patient though as Pauline gets really busy and she will sort it for you when she can.

Jinx
07-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Jinx

I have just checked your profile.

You joined on 1st April so should have turned Amber by now.

Perhaps you need to PM Pauline to let her know as the system should automatically change you to Amber by you are nearly a week overdue :D

Please be patient though as Pauline gets really busy and she will sort it for you when she can.

Thanks Dee. I'll pm Pauline later. I'm not worried about what colour I am! Just happy to be here.!!.:clapping: :so happy:

Jinx x

Pauline
07-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Jinx (hee hee that sounds funny to me but then I have been in the sun all afternoon! :))

anyway, you should haved turned Amber, don't know why but on occasions the system seems to miss the odd change over, I will do you now, so to speak :D

Pipsqueak
07-05-2008, 04:41 PM

Jinx x

:laughing: :laughing: Oh boy are you in for a shock when you have a look at the full members section!!!! Thats why none of us are ever of here - frightened we will get so far behind on the posts!!! lol

brillminder
07-05-2008, 05:06 PM
i want to join in and i feel i have given some good responses to help other so le'ts hope 300 post go quick to become part of the real deal :)

Gherkin
07-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Personally I think the system works fine. It takes time for everyone to get to know each other especially when you are not meeting face to face. It can take ages fro me to gauge peoples personalities so I like the system and love the site (too much).:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mumtodaniel
08-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi, just been reading all the threads, I agree with posting 300 threads, as it really gives a chance to get to know people. I have not yet reached 100, but still only feel I know a few people here. I cannot get on everyday, as much as I would like to, as husband and kids use the computer, and would probably feel uncomfortable in full members at this time. Hopefully in time I will become a full member and in the process make lots of new friends.

Have to say, this site has helped me so much since I have only started minding since Feb. Even felt brave enough to ask for a variation only needed it for short time, but decided to ask and got it.

Maureen

breezy
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
I love the way this site is run, it's caring professional and really looks after it's members.
Everyone seems to listen to everyone else and treat everyone with respect. Pauline and the moderators do a great job and it's right that people shouldn't just be able to gate crash a private area. please don't change the way you do things, all the trust and security you've worked for would be lost if you did!

Now I've been nice could someone send that tenner you promised?:laughing:

Pipsqueak
12-05-2008, 05:14 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

And Maureen - as for letting hubs and son on the PC - NOOOOOOOOO they have to wait until your daily addiction has been satisfied (a full on addiction will mean that no one else in the family can get near the pc)

Mags
12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
I am also impressed with the way this site is run,i think it shows that the people that use it are sincere and looking out to help each other.

I don't get on here as much as i would like to and also dont feel as though i really know anyone that well yet....but even though i'm not a full member i'm more than happy with all the help and support available if ever i need it.

Thanks everyone.x

Pauline
12-05-2008, 06:43 PM

All in pennies :D

(Thanks for the lovely comments :thumbsup:)

Pauline
12-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I am also impressed with the way this site is run,i think it shows that the people that use it are sincere and looking out to help each other.

I don't get on here as much as i would like to and also dont feel as though i really know anyone that well yet....but even though i'm not a full member i'm more than happy with all the help and support available if ever i need it.

Thanks everyone.x

I'm sure we will get to know you soon :), I most certainly recognise your name so you can't be that much of a stranger! :D

Pipsqueak
12-05-2008, 08:06 PM
OMG! Wot kind of stuff do you lot put on there?

;) Sorry can't tell you - its Top Secret. You have to swear alleigence to Pink Crocs and Daffodils and take a vow of silence. Punishment is harsh for spilling the beans - you get relegated to.....:eek:

:laughing: :laughing:

Pauline
12-05-2008, 09:03 PM
you get relegated to.....:eek:

.........the Ofsted website :jump for joy:

miffy
12-05-2008, 09:04 PM
.........the Ofsted website :jump for joy:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy xx

sarah707
12-05-2008, 09:11 PM
...... :joker:

brillminder
31-05-2008, 04:55 PM
still posting and making friends :)

flora
31-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Try not to take it too personally , as explained the criteria are there to protect everyone.

The forum works well is a great place to make friends and your post count will whizz by before you know it :thumbsup:

There are plenty of sections that you can get invovled with in the meantime.

childminder54
01-06-2008, 11:21 PM
i thought i reached it today but no the way im going i want be a full member until nov dec at t
his rate????

veronica

angeldelight
02-06-2008, 06:56 AM
You might not be a full member yet but you will still make some great friends

Whatever advice you need it is still available too

If you dont want to put something in the forum at the moment and if you need help you could send a message to one of us mods

You still have us lot for company here

Keep chatting im sure you will get there before Dec

Angel xx

breezy
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Why is everyone so concerned about becoming a full member?
Relax, enjoy and make new friends, it'll pass soon enough.

Besides which, I've heard full access is only available after a very grotesque initiation ceremony followed by a compulsory tattoo of the ofsted logo on your left buttock :panic: :eek:

katickles
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM

Besides which, I've heard full access is only available after a very grotesque initiation ceremony followed by a compulsory tattoo of the ofsted logo on your left buttock :panic: :eek:

Yeah with a HUGE needle!! :laughing: :laughing:

littlesprogs
02-06-2008, 11:51 AM

I dont understand it either especially the people that have only been on the forum a day and are asking about being a full member!

manjay
02-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Yeah with a HUGE needle!! :laughing: :laughing:

I can just imagine Pauline, Angel, Sarah & Dee performing this:laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM

Very good Breezy!!!! PMSL

Ok - who told????? :laughing: :laughing:

I guess you haven't been told what you have to have tattooed on your right buttock!!! :D

breezy
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Is it

1) Full Ofsted report
2) Pauline, Angel, Sarah and Dee's alternative names
3) A set of lips so Ofsted know where to kiss
4) Another bl**dy policy
5) All of the above

ma7ie
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Is it

1) Full Ofsted report
4) Another bl**dy policy
5) All of the above

All of the above PLUS your alternative name - I'm sloopy pottydoodle!

caza
02-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Suddenly I'm not in so much of a hurry to become a full member...:ohdear:
:ROFL1:

donnahay0
02-06-2008, 01:49 PM
:laughing: :laughing: I am seriously thinking about getting a tatoo done - didn't know what to get, but I do now.

I am not worried about racing to be a full member - I am just grateful for all the advice that I have received from everybody, the really great sense of humor and the very fact that I don't feel alone in the world of childminding anymore. The support on this site is fantastic and I don't feel bad if I don't come on for a few days or so.

deeb66
02-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh Breezy....you have made me laugh.

Thank you.....I needed a little cheering up!

Pipsqueak
02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Is it

1) Full Ofsted report
4) Another bl**dy policy
5) All of the above

:laughing: number 4 bought tears to my eyes - wouldn't that just be poetic!!!

THink Pauline has dibs on the breathing policy:laughing: :laughing:

breezy
02-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Glad I brightened your day, life's too short to take things too seriously! :)

Stimmy
05-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Help needed please i can seem to post replys but not able to start my own message unless im doing somethin completley wrong, Love the forum and how people chat to one another awaitng help Stimmy

katickles
05-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Help needed please i can seem to post replys but not able to start my own message unless im doing somethin completley wrong, Love the forum and how people chat to one another awaitng help Stimmy

You need to choose the area you want to post in & at the top of that section & underneath the main topic points theres a little tab on the left that says start new thread.

Hope that makes sence :)

Stimmy
05-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanx again going to be brave and have ago Cheers

Pauline
07-06-2008, 01:45 PM

Look I won't have such fibs told about full members area!! .......................

it's your right buttock :laughing:

Pipsqueak
07-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Ssshhh Pauline - don't tell 'em the rest:laughing:

breezy
07-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Look I won't have such fibs told about full members area!! .......................

it's your right buttock :laughing:

Oh no, do you know how to remove tattoos? I had mine done cos Pipsqueak said if I got it done before you got back she'd sneak me in the full members area via the back door so I didn't have to have the initiation ceremony:ROFL1:

manjay
07-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Oh no, do you know how to remove tattoos? I had mine done cos Pipsqueak said if I got it done before you got back she'd sneak me in the full members area via the back door so I didn't have to have the initiation ceremony:ROFL1:

Did she forget to tell you we have a very scary bouncer on the backdoor?;)

breezy
07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Did she forget to tell you we have a very scary bouncer on the backdoor?;)

She did mention Pauline was back :laughing:

OH NO, I think I've just earnt a life ban before I've even started :ohdear:

crazybones
07-06-2008, 04:55 PM

OH NO, I think I've just earnt a life ban before I've even started :ohdear:

:ROFL1: You're Brave

breezy
07-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I was brave, I'm really scared now :(

Pipsqueak
07-06-2008, 04:57 PM

Oyyyyy how am I getting grassed up - it was only cuz Blaze suggested it first!!!! lol:laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
07-06-2008, 04:58 PM
I was brave, I'm really scared now :(

Be afraid, be very afraid......:D

breezy
07-06-2008, 05:48 PM
when is a good time to grovel an apology to Pauline?

No I'll be brave and tell the truth, here goes

"THEY TOLD ME TO SAY IT!!!"

crazybones
07-06-2008, 05:49 PM
when is a good time to grovel an apology to Pauline?

No I'll be brave and tell the truth, here goes

"THEY TOLD ME TO SAY IT!!!"

Blame Mandy. It works for me. :D I'm legging it now.

breezy
07-06-2008, 05:52 PM
All right, I'm really sorry everyone I'm really ashamed IT WAS MANDY:blush: :littleangel:

brillminder
07-06-2008, 05:53 PM
you
forgot to mention 5 days with no sugar intack and no chocolate for a month :)

Blaze
07-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Oyyyyy how am I getting grassed up - it was only cuz Blaze suggested it first!!!! lol:laughing: :laughing:

Oiiiii Gobby!:laughing:

Pauline
07-06-2008, 09:34 PM

:ROFL1::ROFL1::ROFL1:

Pipsqueak
07-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Oiiiii Gobby!:laughing:

who????? moi???? gobby???? well I have never been so insulted in all my life (all 18years of it!!)....... hurrrumphhhhhhh:p :D

Blaze
08-06-2008, 04:50 AM
LOL...well if your 18..you've been minding illegally!:p :D

PS Did you stamp your foot when you hurumped?:laughing:

Pipsqueak
08-06-2008, 06:47 AM
LOL...well if your 18..you've been minding illegally!:p :D

PS Did you stamp your foot when you hurumped?:laughing:

Yep!:laughing:

Raggydolls
22-06-2008, 09:42 AM
can i just add.........

you dont have to be mad to join but it helps to be

/me coughs nutters

leanne
xx

Debbieanne
22-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Love the coment of the osted logo as a tattoo....had a hell of a week so need cheering up..

Pauline
22-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Love the coment of the osted logo as a tattoo....had a hell of a week so need cheering up..

That's what we are here for Debbie! :D

Hope next week is better for you. :)

breezy
22-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Glad we made you smile, that's what I love about this site, it's supportive and fun, after all it's not all about childminding which is great!

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 08:22 AM
can i just add.........

you dont have to be mad to join but it helps to be

/me coughs nutters

leanne
xx

LOL!!!! Great, no wonder I feel so at home with you nuts.... erm wonderful ladies :)

angeldelight
28-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Who you calling a nut ? ................ oh yeah them lot haha

Angel xx

Bushpig
30-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Who you calling a nut ? ................ oh yeah them lot haha

Angel xx

:littleangel:

ajs
30-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Blame Mandy. It works for me. :D I'm legging it now.

erm where did i come into this annie

now i know why i keep getting funny looks it's cos i am getting blamed for all of the naughty stuff

humph

aly
30-07-2008, 11:05 AM
It wouldn't be 'home' if it wasn't a bit nutty.......my online name is nuttytart
:laughing: so think I fit in well with the other 'fruit & nuts'

Hebs
01-12-2008, 10:07 PM
am i a full member yet??

if not can i be cos if i'm here much longer you'll be charging me rent :laughing:

can't keep away :thumbsup:

Pauline
01-12-2008, 10:11 PM
No but you can pay rent if you want! :laughing:

Have a look in the Member Information section, there is a post there called Frequently Asked Questions, it will explain how you become a full member plus lots of other things that you didn't know you were going to ask :D

Tups
07-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Is there an official list anywhere that tells you what membership happens when?

All I want to be able to do is post some pictures of my beautiful puppy!

:Dhi Lucy what a beautiful puppy Ihave a bichon frise his name is bertie Ann xx:)

viclou88
26-08-2009, 05:13 PM
i will never be able to make that many posts! ...better get to work asking the questions and helping others out!! xx

mandy moo
01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
yes you will, it'll fly by, you watch:D

mississmoomoo
03-09-2009, 08:38 AM
I wondered how to become a full member, I have a fair few posts to go before I become a full member, but its ok, all the advice on here has been priceless.

x

anaraquel63
29-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi

I just become a member on the forum,and i am a bit confused with everything ,what do you all mean 300 post and 60 days
can someone explain o me ,please

Ana:) :confused: :confused:

Pauline
29-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi

I just become a member on the forum,and i am a bit confused with everything ,what do you all mean 300 post and 60 days
can someone explain o me ,please

Ana:) :confused: :confused:

You need to have done 300 posts. (A post is the message that you write on the Forum, like this one)

60 days of membership - 60 days since you joined the Forum.

Hope that explains it. :)

sunnysmile
29-09-2010, 09:01 PM
So it's a minimum 300 posts plus 60 days forum membership. I will get there eventually :laughing: