PDA

View Full Version : Been waiting weeks and weeks for pre-reg visit

Little Owls
03-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it takes from sending off your forms to someone coming round for the pre-reg visit?

I sent the forms off at the beginning of June, had a phone call beginning of July to say they'd received my forms (?!?!) and then they sent some stuff out for my hubby's CRB to be done. I already have one and they said I don't need another one. Not heard anything since then.

I've called a few times but no luck yet - do you think I should phone every day to make it clear I really need this sorted now, so that I can start advertising for September staters?

I'm really fed up as was convinced I'd be ready by September. Onthe other hand I have a friend who has done the course the same time as me and has had her pre-reg and started minding last week! It seems Ofsted have a mind of their own and don't have a clue how frustrating this process is.

Thanks for reading my rant! :blush:

Katy x

Blades35
03-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi!

Sorry, I can't really help, but I can sympathise, I just realised the other day, that I started my training in November last year, so it has almost been a year since I began this whole process, and am STILL waiting for the finalities to be done, though my pre-reg visit was within 5 weeks of my application forms being sent off, mine & my partners CRB's have taken FOREVER!!! Good luck with it all!

x:rolleyes:

Kezzle
07-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it takes from sending off your forms to someone coming round for the pre-reg visit?

I sent the forms off at the beginning of June, had a phone call beginning of July to say they'd received my forms (?!?!) and then they sent some stuff out for my hubby's CRB to be done. I already have one and they said I don't need another one. Not heard anything since then.

I've called a few times but no luck yet - do you think I should phone every day to make it clear I really need this sorted now, so that I can start advertising for September staters?

I'm really fed up as was convinced I'd be ready by September. Onthe other hand I have a friend who has done the course the same time as me and has had her pre-reg and started minding last week! It seems Ofsted have a mind of their own and don't have a clue how frustrating this process is.

Thanks for reading my rant! :blush:

Katy x

Hello, I'm in the same position at the moment. I've had no calls and ofsted said to ring prospects as they'll be the ones visiting. Someone on my course got a visit within a week of getting her crbs back pretty much and I've had mine back since begining of july I think and not heard anything! When I'm confident I know what I'm doing I'm going to ring prospect and explain I had hoped to be ready for the sept newbies.