PDA

View Full Version : Starting out

AmyG77
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Hello, I am going to my first pre-registration meeting on 7th September. I am looking forward to getting started, I do have a few questions: The first aid course - my local college does this for £80 would it be worth me doing this or waiting until the meeting and doing the one they recommend? will it still cost me? Also when can you start advertising? is it best once you are registered? I dont want to pack my job in to have no children to mind once i am registered. what would be your advice?

mandynunn84
03-08-2011, 01:33 PM
im in the process of registering too chic, id say if its pediatric frist aid then book on it an get it done, only because the company recommended to me by the preschool learning alliance didnt have any courses for 6 months and all the ones i could find were over £100. and unfortunatly because of the government funding being slashed you do have to pay for it. there is also a course called cypop5 which you have to complet and pay for yourself which is £190. i would advertise but id prehaps wait til youve done your cypop5 an sent all your forms off to ofsted first. if your clever (like me) LOL you can download all the forms yourself from the ofsted website an send them off asap as that the bit that takes ages... xxx

LucyLu
03-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I would wait until you've had your pre-reg meeting, as in my area, (darlington), funding is still available and they are paying for my first aid, CYPOP 5 course etc...wait and see what they offer you first x

mandynunn84
03-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I would wait until you've had your pre-reg meeting, as in my area, (darlington), funding is still available and they are paying for my first aid, CYPOP 5 course etc...wait and see what they offer you first x

sure wish i was living there!!!! xx

AmyG77
03-08-2011, 06:39 PM
thank you, i am in bingley think it will be bradford or shipley network i would be under. you have got your forms from ofsted is this before your CYPOP5 course? i have been to the pre-reg meeting last year and with me living in housing association they wouldnt let me mind with it being a business so i left it then i thought i would ask again on the off chance they would allow it and they said yes.....was rather mad as i could have been registered by now:angry: but guna start out and my mum and friend are childminders so they can help me out but wanted to know about advertising etc. will c how it goes. sept is too far away for my liking lol.x

khlwomitchell
03-08-2011, 08:16 PM

Ditto! £190 quid to do coursework at home, boo!

khlwomitchell
03-08-2011, 08:20 PM
im in the process of registering too chic, id say if its pediatric frist aid then book on it an get it done, only because the company recommended to me by the preschool learning alliance didnt have any courses for 6 months and all the ones i could find were over £100. and unfortunatly because of the government funding being slashed you do have to pay for it. there is also a course called cypop5 which you have to complet and pay for yourself which is £190. i would advertise but id prehaps wait til youve done your cypop5 an sent all your forms off to ofsted first. if your clever (like me) LOL you can download all the forms yourself from the ofsted website an send them off asap as that the bit that takes ages... xxx

You do your CYPOP5 after reg mostly and complete within 6 mths of registering, worry about that after registration. you will also go on Family Infomation Services when you are registered.

mandynunn84
04-08-2011, 09:14 AM
here in essex we have to do cypop5 first!! an then they send me forms from ofsted but i got my forms direct from ofsted as wanted to get the ball rolling quicker! submitting last assignement of cypop5 this evening and crb is in the last stage now so shouldnt be too long for me i hope!! x

Mrs Dolphin
04-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I personally would go to the pre reg meeting first as all areas are different. All our courses are still finded but only if you do them with a certain company. You have to do the first aid before you can register but here you can do the other course within 6 months of registering although I have decided to do it first so I am able to advertise that I am fully up to date with my training etc. I have also been offered an additional safegaurding children online course which is also funded so I am going to do that too. The breifings are good as they will tell you everything you need to know for your area. Good luck.

mandynunn84
04-08-2011, 07:46 PM
i wish essex were as supportive im having to pay for everything myself, cypop5, first aid, safeguarding.... im not even here by choice which is more annoying!! xx