PDA

View Full Version : A little torn between jobs...

Kezzle
01-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Good evening.

I've been a little torn between jobs recently. Whilst i am still waiting for prospects to call to arrange my pre-reg visit my partner told me my old job that i had to quit 3 years ago is back up for grabs. I never wanted to quit this job but circumstances at the time meant i didn't have any other choice. Now i'm torn because i LOVED working in my old job, wage was average but it's full time so more than i'm on now as i'm part time.

I started the childminding route to gain experience as i was just finishing a course to be a Teaching Assistant within primary schools, currently there are no jobs for this in my area at the moment (i cant drive) and i get my results tomorrow! I chose the childminding route as i wanted to bulk up my wage from my part time work and to gain more experience with Early years and young primary aged children. This would also set me up for when i come to have a family of my own (24 no kids)

I love both things. If i got my old job back as i have re applied. Would i be able to stay registered, i've put a lot of hard work into getting this far and i don't want to just chuck it all away. I have done a little reading into the ofsted factsheet on no children on roll and inspections this is what i found

"Some childminders will have no children on roll when their early years inspection is scheduled. This may be because childminders can choose to dip in and out of childminding to suit their domestic arrangements or those of the parents whose children they care for. In some situations we may not have sufficient evidence of childminders not caring for children over a three-year period to cancel the registration."

If i am able to take my old job back i can then use the extra money i'd be earning to get my driving license and things that i just haven't been able to afford. What do you guys think? Would Ofsted be ok with me just doing a little CM? Like say one day a week? It wouldn't be the money struggle then and i'd just be doing something else i enjoyed.

Sorry it's a long one. Thanks for reading if you made it through my mad ramble. Hopefully it's understandable, if not it just goes to show how confused i am!

gegele
01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
i think you can stop for a while and go back to it but you'll need an inspection to make sure you're still on the ball lol

but if you keep working 1 day a week then so be it, you'll be a childminder in their eyes. and as long as you pay i think you'll be ok.:thumbsup:

Kezzle
01-08-2011, 10:14 PM
i think you can stop for a while and go back to it but you'll need an inspection to make sure you're still on the ball lol

but if you keep working 1 day a week then so be it, you'll be a childminder in their eyes. and as long as you pay i think you'll be ok.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the reassurance! Much needed. Today just seems to have thrown everything at me so my minds racing. :)